S5000 Zero turn locked up

DesertSailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got a 2 yr old S5000 50 inch mower that is currently on the back side of our 5 ac and it won't move. Put the drive belt back on, tension seems good, started it up, no movement forward or backward. Tried to tow it with no luck, wheels are locked up.

What gives?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Manual
homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/bb/bbc13e4e-3daf-4646-b084-477f00f0290c.pdf
Pull the hydro release vaulve located behind and below engine to tow. No more than 3 mph.
Page 60 of manual is belt routing.

tbarnett

Threads
Got a 2 yr old S5000 50 inch mower that is currently on the back side of our 5 ac and it won't move. Put the drive belt back on, tension seems good, started it up, no movement forward or backward. Tried to tow it with no luck, wheels are locked up.

What gives?

Does your mower have the electric brake feature as noted in the owners manual? Perhaps it has malfunctioned? Have you checked your bypass levers as well?

DesertSailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does your mower have the electric brake feature as noted in the owners manual? Perhaps it has malfunctioned? Have you checked your bypass levers as well?
I have checked the bypass levers. I'll check the electric brake tomorrow morning. However, I thought when you moved the operating handles that disengaged the brake.
And thanks for the ideas.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
make sure the key is on, and the levers are in operating mode. the electric brakes are a royal pain with a dead battery

DesertSailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Manual
homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/bb/bbc13e4e-3daf-4646-b084-477f00f0290c.pdf
Pull the hydro release vaulve located behind and below engine to tow. No more than 3 mph.
Page 60 of manual is belt routing.

Thanks Chuck. This Manual is superior to the owners manual!

tbarnett

Threads
I have checked the bypass levers. I'll check the electric brake tomorrow morning. However, I thought when you moved the operating handles that disengaged the brake.
And thanks for the ideas.

I noticed in the owners manual (online Page 36) that the electric brake can be released manually by pushing the brake rod and it resets when started again?

Good luck. . .

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The brake box is easy to get to from the left side. Turn the lever on the box. Should turn real easy if not push the mower backwards a inch or two.

DesertSailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good news...between limbs kicking off the durn drive belt and being a bonehead (forgot the key on thing), I took my 35y/o Yanmar out to the mower, lifted the back end up, reinstalled the belt using Chuck's printed picture and finished the job before the rain arrived!

As is often the case, Operator Error. Thanks to the pros here, I was able to remove my head from original location and logically follow the repair manual. Yea!

Thanks guys :thumbsup:,
Brad