revenge of the MOLES!

ingigo

Threads
Has anyone found a good way to "dispatch" ground moles? There must be some interesting tactics. Also, what is the proper way to roll high angled land with out stressing the transaxle too much, or having the roller push me down the wet slick hill. I have to have the ground saturated with water for the rolling to really do much. Thanks!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Moles are a real problem around here. I always see buckets over holes. I guess they trap them. I flatten the mounds before cutting so the blades do not dull out. I am just a softie 'cause once I look at those little critters I ain't got the heart.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scarred of noise (mower)
Put rose branches in the tunnels
Squish all the tunels down.
Block main entrance

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spray for grubs. No grubs no moles.

Mikel1

Threads
They also eat worms.
My beagle kills moles if she can find them. Digging doesn't help the lawn though.

ingigo

Threads
thanks guys, but rose branches? clip the vine of my rose bushes into small pieces and put then in the holes?
Sounds efficient, an excuse to dispatch some of the woman's 5 miles of rose vines.
as a kid my grandpa would close all the holes but one and make mustard gas in a foil cup cake thing and put it the hole and cover it. He also would throw a pitchfork or stab them in front of him.
He was a mole master, he had sandy soil so the vermin were prevalent. the mole carnage I have witnessed has numbed me to moles. I am out to kill.
what is the best design of mole trap you guys have found besides a mine?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, just cut branches and shove in hole. Nice and prickly branches.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Moth balls will keep everything away.

ingigo

Threads
moth balls to the rescue. Seems the old simple things work as multi-tools.
thanks guys, Now I need to find a few kilos of mothballs ...