Repairs Troy-Bilt 13BZ609H063 help

ahirbe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt 13BZ609H063 46" Lawn Tractor. The mower runs and drives but the pedal has to be full on to go even 2 MPH same with reverse, I'm guessing that it is a belt issue...my question is, are these the right belts for my mower, and is there a good site for a repair or service manual online?

Mower Belt 954/754- 0467A
Mower Belt 954/754- 0468

one for the deck and the other for the drive (I'll just get all new ones)
rsz_img_1362.jpgrsz_img_1360.jpgrsz_img_1359.jpgrsz_img_0886.jpgrsz_img_0883.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt 13BZ609H063 46" Lawn Tractor. The mower runs and drives but the pedal has to be full on to go even 2 MPH same with reverse, I'm guessing that it is a belt issue...my question is, are these the right belts for my mower, and is there a good site for a repair or service manual online?

Mower Belt 954/754- 0467A
Mower Belt 954/754- 0468

one for the deck and the other for the drive (I'll just get all new ones)
View attachment 28131View attachment 28130View attachment 28129View attachment 28128View attachment 28127

954-0468 Drive Belt
954-0349 mower deck

ahirbe

Forum Newbie
Threads
My manual says that it requires 754-0474 for the PTO?? I have the electric PTO in this mower

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
pull the deck off and have a good look at the clutch mechanism.
The levers can get stuck so not let the brake off fully or allow full tension to the drive belt

ahirbe

Forum Newbie
Threads
does anyone have the specs for this mower? Fuel capacity, oil capacity, weight, length...I have a manual but it does not list any of this information

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is all I found on it.

Deck 42" side discharge
Deck Height Adjustment 5 position
Mower Deck Construction 13-gauge steel
Deck Spindles Maintenance-free sealed ball bearings
Deck Pulleys 14-gauge steel
Deck Wheels None
Transmission 7-speed
Deck Engagement (PTO) Manual
Monitor N/A
Reverse Mowing System N/A
Front Axle Steel
Operator Entry / Exit StepThru
Fuel Tank Capacity 1.3 gallon
Engine 15.5 HP* Single Briggs & Stratton
Engine Lubrication Splash lubrication
Engine Electrical System 3 Amp / 5 Amp
Battery 12V / 155 CCA
Headlights 2 - standard
Speed Range 0 to 5.5 MPH
Turning Radius 18"
Wheels 15" x 6" front / 20" x 8" rear
Seat Low-back
Accessories Optional FastAttach mulch kit, bagger or bumper
Shipping Dimensions 70.5"(L) x 48"(W) x 35.5"(H)
Shipping Weight 490 lbs
Warranty 2-year limited

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My manual says that it requires 754-0474 for the PTO?? I have the electric PTO in this mower

MTD did a part number rationalization some while ago so the 754 numbers all became 954 numbers.
A lot of these belts end up being silly sizes like the 754-0474 which is a 21/32" wide belt 101 & 29/32" long.
So a bit later on they get "superceeded" to a more popular size
The atermarket belt suppliers will change that to a standard sized belt in their listing so the same belt ends up as 5/8 x 101.

However with the vari drive belts thay are shallower than standard section belts which can end up touching the inner root of the pulley and not transmitt the power through the side which is how a V belt works.

If you go to gates.com/all-search-tools/automotive-interchange-search-results and drop in the parts numbers you will get the nearest Gates equivalnet, some of which will be identical.
The gates belt number is a clickable link ( underlined ) and if you click on it , then click on the art number in the second window the specs of the belt get displayed.
I have not done it for your belt but if you do good change you will find all of the confusing different numbers are almost identical belts.

Getting my head around belts was by far the hardest part of entering the mower repair business.
Belt prices are a numbers thing, the more that get made the cheaper they become and then there are about 6 different cord fibers and unlimited numbers of variation in the size & placement of these chords followed by different rubber compounds and wrapping materials which is why a lot of the posters here who know who is who & what is what simply revert to recommending using original factory parts

ahirbe

Forum Newbie
Threads
So i got the drive belts on over the weekend, both the long one from front to back and the smaller rear belt too. The mower jumps a little when I press on the gas, but is fine otherwise. Any suggestions? Also the wheels seem to turn very sharp (almost zero turn-ish LOL) thoughts on this?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It does have a Turning Radius of 18". Is it turning less than that?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So i got the drive belts on over the weekend, both the long one from front to back and the smaller rear belt too. The mower jumps a little when I press on the gas, but is fine otherwise. Any suggestions? Also the wheels seem to turn very sharp (almost zero turn-ish LOL) thoughts on this?

That sounds about right for new belts.
They will take a few hours to bed in.
After that you can look at the adjuster on the brake rod so the brake comes off just as the belts take up.
It is a problem with having the two controls on a single pedal.
If the brake dissengages fully before the drive takes up you can roll back then jerk foreward hard enough to do serious neck injury.