Repairs Dixie ZTE 3000 series, need to remove e-clutch

Gorm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Stepdads mower blades quit turning today, I'm supposed to fix it ;-). All safety switches are working, blade actuation toggle switch is fine as well as the circuit breaker/fuse. Also charged the battery just in case. The clutch won't actuate, so would like to get at it to see if a wire is broken or if it needs to be replaced. Do I have to remove the body from the chassis to do this or can i just raise it up in the air and do it from below? Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pulls right off from underneath.
Before you do that try hot wiring it directly from the battery just in case it is a wiring problem.
Run the mower up on some flat topped car ramps and be careful the clutch is a lot heavier than it looks and has a bad habbit of dropping off onto your nose when least expected:frown:

Gorm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ha, car ramps, that crossed my mind. I don't need to pull off the blade deck either? Thanks much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No deck stays on but you will have to lift the floor plate to remove & replace the belt.
Put a long spanner on the tension pulley nut to lever the pully against the spring to remove the belt without damaging it.
Some tensioning arms have a 1/2" square hole in them.
You put an extension into the square hole and a breaker bar on the end of the extension to do the same thing.

When you run up the ramp, don't take the mower to the very end, the beginning of the flat is far enogh as the weight distribution can make them a little unstable if you run the mower all the way to the wheel stop.

Gorm

Forum Newbie
Threads
The connector had come apart (and bad batt connections), thanks for the info!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad you looked first before forking out 300+ clams.
The wires can get but check the anchor pin /plate is tight and not allowing the clutch to turn too far.

Gorm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oki, will do.