Mower deck dixon ztr 4423 mower deck question

kornie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings, I have a simple question about changing the deck blades. What direction do you turn the bolts to loosen the blades? They seem stuck and I'm afraid I will turn them the wrong way and break the bolt. Sometimes when blades spin in a certain direction, the bolts loosen up. Sometimes by design the threads are the opposite direction to compensate. (cw). Mine seem stuck. Before I get aggressive with them I need to know...cw or ccw. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Standard right hand thread so anti clockwise to undo.
If working from the discharge chute turn towards the front.
When working on site I use a 1 mete long spannar and a 2 meter length of rectangular hollow tube to hold the blade.
Even then I occasionally need to go to the 6' breaker bar with a jack under the head to stop it falling off and both legs on the bar.
They self tighten with use and if they have not been off for a while they can really lock in tight.

In the workshop I have a 1400 ft lb impact gun and even then some of them are job to get off.
Good thing is if the head breaks off they generally will screw out with your fingers.

kornie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your ideas! I guess it's time to get out the serious tools! I will post when done to let everyone know how it went.