Echo backpack blower won't turn OFF

Threads
As some of you know, I got an Echo PB-770T last summer. It performed flawlessly last fall, but as winter approached it started to not want to turn OFF. At the beginning it was just that it sputtered for a few seconds when you pressed the kill switch and then turned off, but as the weeks progressed it got to the point where when you pressed the off button, the idle speed didn't change at all. I'm guessing it's a cable that got stretched/needs adjusted, but is that something I can adjust on my own? Here's a pic of the blower.

1 blower.PNG

I kind of just ran the gas out of the tank and put it away for the winter last December, so now that spring is here I have the motivation to fix it. I don't really mind this problem, because I can just choke the engine to turn it off, but it would be nice to get my favorite piece of Echo equipment fixed.

Thanks

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not familiar with this particular unit, but usually the kill or off switch just shorts out the ignition to ground.
It is probably nothing more than dirt on the switch or switch not making contact with ground.

Threads
I'm not familiar with this particular unit, but usually the kill or off switch just shorts out the ignition to ground.
It is probably nothing more than dirt on the switch or switch not making contact with ground.

How would you gain access to the switch. Open up the tube-mounted throttle handle and look inside there? (I know a lot about lawn care but am not experienced at working on machines, sorry)

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Usually there isn't any cables to shut it off. There are some wires and a switch. I would say to open up that handle where the trigger and shut off switch are and have a good look. Make sure the connections are good (follow the wires)

Threads
Usually there isn't any cables to shut it off. There are some wires and a switch. I would say to open up that handle where the trigger and shut off switch are and have a good look. Make sure the connections are good (follow the wires)

OK I'll do that tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.