New member with my first post. Looking for used parts (Snapper model 21405P)

Threads
  • / New member with my first post. Looking for used parts (Snapper model 21405P)
Hi, new member here. First post. I have a older model Snapper self propelled mower that I was given to me. The mower is missing the transmission speed control lever from the gear box and the longer rod that runs up the left side handle. I looked online and everything that I need is still available except for the long rod that runs up the left side handle. My question is, does anybody know of any used mower junk yards that may have my needed parts. I do know that the part number for this rod is 7023795. My mower is a 4Hp Briggs and Stratton with a model number of 21405P. If I can buy the complete lever assy. used that will also work for me. Eric

Snapperfreak

Threads
  • / New member with my first post. Looking for used parts (Snapper model 21405P)
Hello Eric. That's a good mower! The lever you speak of for your particular model (series 5) is not a straight rod but has a bend in it at about the halfway point. I think I have some of the straight rods (from older units) but I do not have one for your model. I've found it helpful to find a local mower shop that you could go into and see if the happen to have a snapper in their "junk" pile that they'll let you part out. Unless you happen across that part on eBay that's probably your best bet. However if I come across one you'll be the first one to know and it'll be yours. How's the mower run? Any pics?

Threads
Hello Eric. That's a good mower! The lever you speak of for your particular model (series 5) is not a straight rod but has a bend in it at about the halfway point. I think I have some of the straight rods (from older units) but I do not have one for your model. I've found it helpful to find a local mower shop that you could go into and see if the happen to have a snapper in their "junk" pile that they'll let you part out. Unless you happen across that part on eBay that's probably your best bet. However if I come across one you'll be the first one to know and it'll be yours. How's the mower run? Any pics?

Thanks for the response snapperfreak. I have been looking online and asking my local dealers just hitting dead ends. I will continue searching. I just picked up the mower yesterday. The guy that had it said that it did run but may need a carb rebuild. I will post a picture tomorrow. I have another Snapper with a 3.5Hp Briggs that I bought new back in 1988 that has been trouble free. I just have some kind of attachment to these Snappers and when I was offered this 4Hp mower I had to have it. Eric

Snapperfreak

Threads
Hey cool, how about a pic of the one you bought new also?! I will certainly keep an eye out for one for you out here.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
haraldonline.com Huge lawn mower junkyard. Call them they have lots of stuff.

Threads
haraldonline.com Huge lawn mower junkyard. Call them they have lots of stuff.

Thank you to everybody for your replies. I just placed an order with Mowtownusa.com today. I spend around$80.00 for everything that I needed including new side chute so I can mow without the bag. I will give an update as soon as I receive my parts.

Snapperfreak I did not forget about the picture, my work has been crazy busy because I have one of my lead guys out on vacation. If it's ok I will get one this weekend. Eric

Threads

Thank you to everybody for your replies. I just placed an order with Mowtownusa.com today. I spend around$80.00 for everything that I needed including new side chute so I can mow without the bag. I will give an update as soon as I receive my parts.

Snapperfreak I did not forget about the picture, my work has been crazy busy because I have one of my lead guys out on vacation. If it's ok I will get one this weekend. Eric

Another update. Mowtownuse just e-mailed me saying that almost all of the parts that I need are no longer available. They had some parts just not the major ones that I need. I canceled the order and my search goes on. Eric

Snapperfreak

Threads
Another update. Mowtownuse just e-mailed me saying that almost all of the parts that I need are no longer available. They had some parts just not the major ones that I need. I canceled the order and my search goes on. Eric

No problem on the pics, whenever convenient. What a let-down on the parts. I will keep my eyes out for the rod for you.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
haraldonline.com