Snapper Pro S200XT with Kohler EFI 27hp

rvrkids

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please help...Question re: Snapper Pro S200XT

Just a homeowner that will be mowing @ 3 acres, usually weekly, mostly flat but do have a slight hill going right into river.

Brand new to zero turn mowers and want something that will last a loooong time. Have been looking at Snapper Pro, Kubota and Scag. For the money, it seems that the Snapper Pro is the best choice. Our grass doesn't usually get too high but wondering about the Kohler EFI 27 hp engine? Should it be strong enough to get up our hill? I've attached a picture of the hill that "might" give an idea of the grade (if it worked).

_DSC5791-2.jpg

Last edited:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
27 HP will be fine.

What is the most important when buying a mower:

1. Warranty: you want a mower with the best warranty
2. Dealer support: you want a dealer that is close by and treats you good.
3. Mower: make sure the mower will have good hydrostatic transmissions. Atleast ZT-3100. The EZT 2800 will probably be fine, but it is for residential use and you are cutting in slopes and cutting 3 acres.

Scag make very good mowers. Snapper is fine, but I heard they are made a little cheaper, hence the lower price. If you want a step up from Snapper, check out Ferris if you can. Same company (Briggs), but better. All in all, it is mostly a personnal question a part from the above. You have to choose which one is the most comfortable for you and the best on slopes for you.

rvrkids

Forum Newbie
Threads
27 HP will be fine.

What is the most important when buying a mower:

1. Warranty: you want a mower with the best warranty
2. Dealer support: you want a dealer that is close by and treats you good.
3. Mower: make sure the mower will have good hydrostatic transmissions. Atleast ZT-3100. The EZT 2800 will probably be fine, but it is for residential use and you are cutting in slopes and cutting 3 acres.

Scag make very good mowers. Snapper is fine, but I heard they are made a little cheaper, hence the lower price. If you want a step up from Snapper, check out Ferris if you can. Same company (Briggs), but better. All in all, it is mostly a personnal question a part from the above. You have to choose which one is the most comfortable for you and the best on slopes for you.

Thank you Lawnboy. The Snapper Pro we are looking at has a 4 year warranty when used residentially, dealer is close and reputable and the transmission is a Hydro gear ZT-5400 (I assume this is better than ZT-3100??).

This is a commercial mower and is very comparable spec-wise to the Kubota and scag that I have researched but is about $1,500 less with a longer warranty.

With the ZT-5400 should it handle our slope in the attached picture?

Thanks again for your input.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
The ZT-5400 is more than enough! I would say overkill for what you are doing.

I would say go with the Snapper. I know this is a commercial mower, but I just wanted to let you know what some others think about these mowers. All tho, we shouldn't listen to them. It has very good Hydro gears, a good engine (Kawi).

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice looking place.
You may consider a collection system as you have some trees to deal with in the fall.
Having a suitable spot to dispose of the collected grass/leaves is another consideration.
The collected material will generate mold, but can be somewhat controlled with periodic pelletized lime applications.
If you consider a collection system, check to see if the blower and hose can be easily removed and reinstalled as you may want to just use the regular discharge at times.
There are other machines available with rear discharge decks, but no collection systems on rear discharge machines.
I have a Hustler X-ONE with a 60" rear discharge deck and a Scag Tiger Cub with a 48" deck and with a collection system.
The Hustler will leave grass clumps if the cut is excessive, otherwise it can trim up close on both sides of the deck which is a time saver.
Just a few thoughts!:laughing::biggrin::smile: