TANKS-A-LOT

Tanks-A-Lot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I am a newby Lawncare Business and would to know the name of an inexpensive Air Compressor
that I should purchase to remove the blades from my mowers.

Thank You

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,

I am a newby Lawncare Business and would to know the name of an inexpensive Air Compressor
that I should purchase to remove the blades from my mowers.

Thank You

Well I can tell you that you need not spend a fortune on a compressor to remove your blades form your mowers. You can go to Home Depot and buy the Stanley Bostitch 150psi with a 6 gal tank for $130 and it will do everything you need. I got the the Stanley kit that came with the finish nail guns. I purchase an Ingersoll Rand 231 series Air to go with it and used it on all my mowers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And just bear in mind that the blades tighten with use.
The longer grass you cut the tighter they will get .
So frequent removal is a good idea from no other point of view as the ease of doing it.
And this is apart from the fact that fresh sharp blades every day will save you more time than it takes to change them

panabiker

Threads
I am not sure how a compressor removes a blade but I assume you want use an air-powered impact wrench driven by a compressor. Alternatively, I use a cheap $40 electric impact wrench from Harbor Freight. It does the job nicely.

zmister11

Threads
I bought a husky air compressor and air gun from home depot. I believe it's a 20 gallon tank or 26. And I got everything for about $300. Then you can use it for blades and to fill up truck tires. And whatever else you need it for.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bought a husky air compressor and air gun from home depot. I believe it's a 20 gallon tank or 26. And I got everything for about $300. Then you can use it for blades and to fill up truck tires. And whatever else you need it for.

In a shop where your working with one all day long a tank that size would be nice because the pump wont run as much. The small tank around the house is plenty for removing blades or removing or filling your car or truck tires and besides that there easily portable.

I bought this one for $189.99 at Home Depot

bostitch-cpack2a-r-review.jpg

Last edited:

Bob E

Threads
And just bear in mind that the blades tighten with use.
The longer grass you cut the tighter they will get

Hmm, I used to tighten my blade nuts to the factory torque spec until I had them come loose on me a couple times. Now I use an old 2 hp 8 gal compressor I picked up at a yard sale for $30, and a bluepoint 1/2" impact. I take the nuts down as tight as it will crank 'um. Don't skimp out too much on the impact gun, I've seen china specials that can't break loose ratchet tightened lug nuts with 120psi line pressure.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Electric impact works great. No need of air compressor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Electric impact works great. No need of air compressor.

Yes but there is a need for air ON HIS TRUCK which is why the OP asked the quetion.
TO blow up tyres and to blow down machines o as he has air already it makes good sense to add a rattle gun to the tool kit