Dick

przybeld

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt power washer with a B&S 675 series engine. When I spray starting fluid in the intake it will run until the fluid is out. It appears not to be able to draw fuel into the engine to continue running. Is there a fuel pump or carburetor that could be replaced? How do I check it out

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
First thing we are going to need to know is the model, type, and code off of the briggs engine. then we can see what you are looking at and can give direction from there.

przybeld

Forum Newbie
Threads
First thing we are going to need to know is the model, type, and code off of the briggs engine. then we can see what you are looking at and can give direction from there.

B & S 675 series
SN 0909145843439
Troy Bilt power washer 2500psi 2.3 gpm

couldn't find a code where would it be?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It will actually say model, type, code. Should be either above the spark plug stamped into the blower housing, or depending on model could be stamped into the flap that hangs over the top of the muffler, the real new engines will have a label next to the carb by the spark plug

przybeld

Forum Newbie
Threads

Above the spark plug is 126T020301-B109091459 is this what you want?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It appears that you have a float type carb, mounted behind the air filter housing. You will need to remove it and clean the carb, install a carb repair kit, and make sure to clean the jet inside of the nut that holds the bowl on.

carb kit part number is 498260 It appears they have used 4 different carbs on that engine. there is one for primer, one for choke, and two for autochoke

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And as it is on a power washer, remove the fuel tank drain it and clean it out.
I find most power washers that come in have a lot of water in the fuel tank oft with a reasonable amount of rust as well.

przybeld

Forum Newbie
Threads
And as it is on a power washer, remove the fuel tank drain it and clean it out.
I find most power washers that come in have a lot of water in the fuel tank oft with a reasonable amount of rust as well.

Does the carb kit part number is 498260 work on all 4 carbs?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
that part number is used with all 4 carbs for that model