Drones

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I like it.
Where can I get a falcon ?

The local farmers, particularly the poultry farmers use bird shot. Then this is the rural fringe.
When the morons ( usually animal rights brainwashed idiots ) jump over the fence they let the dogs out.
Quite legal as they are tresspassing.
Another farmer charged one of them storeage, won the case and then bankrupted them.
He hasn't bought a beer down the pub since.

For once the government got it right.
Big fines for flying a drone over some one elses property without permission now .
Gaol terms for filming inside some one elses house through the windows with a drone

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My neighbor has 2 and flys them over my back yard when the wife is out and I am at work, wish there was a way for me to jam his frequency and bring it down. I have ask nicely but got no where.any thoughts as a drone operator what I might be able to do, short of the obvious.

Well you can check with the local authorities to see if it is legal
If not then install a motion activated camera , film it and make a formal complaint.
Although it won't make for good neighbourly relationships.
When he is out accidentially toss large amounts of catnip seed all through his lawn & garden.
Very shortly his back yard will be stray cat central.

If it is not legal buy one yourself and hover it around his windows while they are having meals, bedrooms when they are preparing for bed.
If you can get a really noisy one, bedroom window all night long. Swoop the windscreen when he is trying to drive in or out.
he will eventually get the message.

But I still like the falcon idea.
Would scare the pants of most folks.

mowerman05

Threads
Thanks for the replies. There all very good ideas.I Think I will try the garden hose when it gets close enough with a jet spray tip. Really don't car much about relationship with my neighbor as its a rental and they come and go all the time, no one stays very long.

Mikel1

Threads
I have a Chroma. It has approx 30 minutes of run time.

That's alot better than the ones I had looked at 10 to 15 minutes run time. Looks like the Chroma is around $600 on Amazon. I might need to start off cheaper just in case I crash it into a tree.

The.kid

Threads
My neighbor has 2 and flys them over my back yard when the wife is out and I am at work, wish there was a way for me to jam his frequency and bring it down. I have ask nicely but got no where.any thoughts as a drone operator what I might be able to do, short of the obvious.

The guy better have it registered with the government or face fines. The cheaper drones can be brought down by casting a greeting like signal at it thus the operator losing control. I've seen them demonstrated on YouTube. Home made too. There are privacy laws now in many states. Check on that. Voyearism is a serious crime.

mowerman05

Threads
The drones I am talking about are in excess of 15 to 18 hundred dollars, check with the city, nothing in place yet for laws about going over property of someone else. Believe when the weather breaks a little bit and I can get outside I will end the problem for good. No new post from me might be a real indicator problem solved. LOL

The.kid

Threads
I would first confront them and ask not to fly it over your house for first. Safety. Second if it was equipped with a camera. Privacy. I would refrain from firing a weapon at it. What goes up must come down someplace. It might be a kid flying it. I thought I read that all drones must be registered with the FAA. The registrations where free at first. If he is unlicensed then the problem might solve itself by turning him in. I'd check with law Inforcement on someone video recording on or over your property. If no camera involved, it would be more of a safety issue.

mowerman05

Threads
Yes it has a camera and he is a adult that flies it, we speak on so so terms and I have told him not to go over my property or be videoing my place, he thinks it's a joke. I will win given time and not go to jail.

Mikel1

Threads
So is he checking your wife out with the drone when she goes outside?

People are doing dumb stuff with drones one guy put a pistol on one in a state park and made it fire. Drones dropping drugs and cell phones into prisons, etc.