Honda HRC216HXA

Ringneck

Threads
I'm looking to purchase the Honda HRC for homeowner use. I do not mow commercially. I want a nice mower that will last for years. I'm a big fan of Honda mowers and I also like the blade clutch. My question is how well do these commercial machines mulch Bermuda grass? I mulch 95% of the time. The only time I bag is during the fall for leaf cleanup? Does anyone have experience mulching with this machine? I had a Honda commercial mower 20 years ago or so that I mowed commercially with that was a tank. I never mulched with that mower though. Thanks.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I have not personally used one (I have an older HR194) but from all that I've read and seen the twin blade versa cut system they use is great for mulching. I wish it was offered for the older Hondas. If I could find a mulch plug and a twin blade for mine I would be using it almost exclusively for mulching. Hope that helps a bit.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Absolutely correct, great machines, our oldest son, lives in another city, has Honda HR215SXA that I purchased new in 1990. He bags and mulches his Bermuda grass with this mower. I will also say that the BBC, blade brake clutch, system is wonderful on Honda mowers, easy to use.

yukon202

Forum Newbie
Threads
I really enjoyed my HRC216 and wish I did not sell it. I have a 217 now and while it is lighter I think the 216 is a better machine. Of course, it's commercial. I got the 217 just because it's lighter and I use it for my smaller yards. You can't go wrong with the 216.