Advice on demo machine

Eznk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

New member here. I currently have a Gravely PM34Z that I've been cutting my personal lawn with for the last 12 years. It's been a great mower and only has 254 hours on it, but as I've gotten older and heavier, I've been thinking of upgrading to a larger mower. My local dealer has a demo ProTurn 52 with 30 hrs for $5900 and he'll also pick up the taxes for me.

I'm thinking its a pretty good deal but have reservations about buying a demo machine. Has anyone here had any experience with demo machines that can offer me an opinion? I appreciate any feedback you guys (or gals) can offer.

Many thanks!

mowerman05

Threads
I bought a demo-loaner John Deere z930a 3 years ago and have no issues at all, I understand your concern as I was apprehensive about a demo as well. Mine came with the remainder of the factory warranty so that eased my concerns as well as a good relationship with the dealer that was selling it.

Eznk

Forum Newbie
Threads
MM,
Thanks for your response. I should have also mentioned that the dealer is offering the full factory warranty as well.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Gravely ProTurn 52 model 991201 has an MSRP of $7499.00. On sale for $6499.00. Even better deal if it has any accessories on it. Sounds like a good deal if you get the full 3 year warranty from date of purchase. If you do buy it, make sure you keep your receipt with the date of purchase. Good Luck in your decision.

Eznk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gravely ProTurn 52 model 991201 has an MSRP of $7499.00. On sale for $6499.00. Even better deal if it has any accessories on it. Sounds like a good deal if you get the full 3 year warranty from date of purchase. If you do buy it, make sure you keep your receipt with the date of purchase. Good Luck in your decision.

That's good advice. I'll definitely keep all of the receipts and records if I pull the trigger. Thanks, Rivets.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pull the trigger! If it looks good, sounds good and runs good, get it! It is a good deal and good mower!

Eznk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wanted to update those of you who have offered your feedback;

I stopped by a competing dealer and he offered the same deal on a new mower with less than 1 hour on it so I pulled the trigger on that one instead. I didn't tell him about the demo offered by the other dealer so Gravely must have a preseason deal going on to move the 2015 models out.

I truly appreciate your advice and have another question for you. Have any of you had any experience with a mulch kit on a Pro Turn mower?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wanted to update those of you who have offered your feedback;

I stopped by a competing dealer and he offered the same deal on a new mower with less than 1 hour on it so I pulled the trigger on that one instead. I didn't tell him about the demo offered by the other dealer so Gravely must have a preseason deal going on to move the 2015 models out.

I truly appreciate your advice and have another question for you. Have any of you had any experience with a mulch kit on a Pro Turn mower?

I replied to your thread in the Gravely/Ariens Forum. I hope you got the Model#991208(with the Kawasakin FS691V) instead tof the Model#991201 mentioned earlier with the Kohler ZT730. Both are good engines, but the Kawi IMHO is way worth the $300-$400 extra it costs.

BTW, you asked about the Gravely mulch kit....I bought it and it is a MUST HAVE....can you say goodbye to grass clippings:0)

I also added the sunshade, flap deck striper, hex striper attachment and a set of halogen headlights(my own not Gravely's). All of the Gravely accessories are top notch quality....just like their zero turns:0)

Eznk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replied to your thread in the Gravely/Ariens Forum. I hope you got the Model#991208(with the Kawasakin FS691V) instead tof the Model#991201 mentioned earlier with the Kohler ZT730. Both are good engines, but the Kawi IMHO is way worth the $300-$400 extra it costs.

BTW, you asked about the Gravely mulch kit....I bought it and it is a MUST HAVE....can you say goodbye to grass clippings:0)

I also added the sunshade, flap deck striper, hex striper attachment and a set of halogen headlights(my own not Gravely's). All of the Gravely accessories are top notch quality....just like their zero turns:0)

djd,

I did indeed get the Kawasaki engine!

Thanks for the comment regarding the mulch kit. I've had good performance from the mulch kit on the 34Z except for it leaving stragglers if I let the grass get too tall. I'm going to pick up the 52 this weekend, so I'll give the dealer a ring and have them install the mulch kit. Or is it a fairly easy install from your experience?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
djd,

I did indeed get the Kawasaki engine!

Thanks for the comment regarding the mulch kit. I've had good performance from the mulch kit on the 34Z except for it leaving stragglers if I let the grass get too tall. I'm going to pick up the 52 this weekend, so I'll give the dealer a ring and have them install the mulch kit. Or is it a fairly easy install from your experience?

Congrats on your new ZTR and welcome to the growing Gravely clan on this forum. U R gonna love the way that Kawi runs....bit of advice, I have never run anything except non-ethanol gas in all of my lawn equipment and add a little Stabil to keep it fresh & clean. If you can find it locally I would advise you to consider it(your Kawi will thank you:0). The mulch kit was a 30-45 min install and has exceeded my expectations. Not only does it leave absolutely no evidence of clippings on the finished lawn, it keeps the belly of the deck from collecting more than a handful of clippings when finished. It takes me less than 5 minutes to clean the deck after mowing. I have found lawn mower heaven!! I sure don't miss when I used to spend an hour cleaning the clippings/dirt under the deck on my old lawn tractors(and one had a "mulch deck...a flap over the outlet:0)

The Gravely mulch kit basically provides a complete circle(the baffles are the same gauge as the deck) around each of the blades which is the only effective design to give a good mulching effect. I don't have trees on my 1 acre lot so I can't attest to the effectiveness of mulching leaves in the Fall. Be sure to post some pictures when you get it home and "enjoy" mowing......you deserve it!!