MS260 seems like it isn't getting fuel / replacing the fuel line

afrig

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / MS260 seems like it isn't getting fuel / replacing the fuel line
Pull the carb off but leave the fuel lines connected.
Open the throttle completely and blow through the carb .
A vacum cleaner tpe blower works best but failing that you can use a compressor with a big bore air duster.
You should get a continious stream of atomised fuel coming out of the carb if all is well with it.
If it breaks up , flutuates or just dosent happen the problem is in the carb.
Naturally no smoking, point outlet out side and this can get you time inside if you do it in California

You want me to blow through the butterfly? I don't have a compressor as I live in an apartment. Closest person I know with one is my father an hour and a half south.

@BlazNT
The saw does not have a primer bulb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well yes that was the idea, however your circumstances sort of kill that idea.
You mimiuk the operation of the carb and thus can see if it actually working or is blocked up.
Just a short cut I use to cut down the diagnosis time.
Not having a workshop makes this a bit on the impracticable side for you.

afrig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone. I pulled the spark plug off and it looks like it is due for a replacement. I knocked off some of the grime with a piece of fine sand paper and dabbed it kind of dry. It needs replaced but I don't think it is the issue. My scrench isn't really long enough to get the spark plug out without taking off the top cover but the screw on the top is very tight and I was close to stripping it a few times so I left it on and just positioned the scrench and finally got the plug off and then back on. I pulled the muffler and tried to start without the muffler.

Neither worked. When I pull on the pull start it sounds like it is trying to suck (almost sounds like trying to maybe suck air?) but cant in a way.