New Generac Pressure Washer no start (FIXED)

Mikel1

Threads
My father bought this pressure washer brand new from wally world. I assembled it, later he added oil and gas. About three weeks later he decided to use it on a rental property. He couldn't get it to start, told him nearest Generac dealer is 45 miles away.

I decided to check it out, pulled spark plug out and spark was good. Took air filter off, noticed a drop of fresh oil on air filter. Sprayed a shot of starting fluid into carb and started right up. I noticed exhaust blowing some white smoke. On this carb it has a carb drain screw so checked for fuel in carb. Out pours oil from carb bowl, let it pour out till it's just gas. Put drain screw and fire it up. Let it smoke for several minutes until it fouls out plug. Cleaned plug and after a few more minutes smoke clears. As you probably know there was some oil already in it, upside down, sideways on its way. He used it the next day, all good.

Thought I would share this if anyone has this problem one day.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have more than one honda engine mounted on tillers, and pressure washers that have oil in the carb due to laying on its side.

Mikel1

Threads
Curious are they from customers or sales orders?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mike they are from customers. Not enough oil left in the engine from the factory to fill the carb full of oil. What happens it gets turned on its side with the valve cover down, oil fill the valve cover and the breather hose, but since the carb sits above the valve cover when on its side the oil doesn't get high enough to get oil in the air filter most of the time. When you tip it back up the oil runs from the breather hose into the carb, and then seeps down the carb emulsion tube and fills the bowl.

Mikel1

Threads
Thank for your response.

After I had assembled it, he did mention it had oil registering on the dipstick. This was an hour after being upright before adding any oil to it.
I don't see any reason why he would have turned it on its side after adding oil. He moved it outside and put gas in it. He was going to start it up after work but it had started raining. It was moved to the shed and three weeks later was when he tried starting it.