Kohler k321 piston question

coinman66

Threads
So the bore size for K321 Std is 3.50. I measured my bore at 3.505-3.508. Do I order a Std set of rings or .010? How bout piston? Std or .010?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will get away with a std set if you are not fitting a new piston.
If fitting a new piston then go +10 and get a rebore

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First question, how and where did you measure the bore? To properly measure a cylinder you should be taking six measurements, top, middle and bottom. Then remeasure top, middle and bottom 90 degrees for your first measurements. Doing it this way will give you a more accurate assessment of cylinder condition as to wear, out of round and taper. On your engine max wear is .003", out of round Is .003" and taper is .002". At the cost of new Kohler pistons and rings, I suggest that you do these measurement at least twice if not three times, to make sure You have a very accurate picture of how to proceed.

coinman66

Threads
First question, how and where did you measure the bore? To properly measure a cylinder you should be taking six measurements, top, middle and bottom. Then remeasure top, middle and bottom 90 degrees for your first measurements. Doing it this way will give you a more accurate assessment of cylinder condition as to wear, out of round and taper. On your engine max wear is .003", out of round Is .003" and taper is .002". At the cost of new Kohler pistons and rings, I suggest that you do these measurement at least twice if not three times, to make sure You have a very accurate picture of how to proceed.

Yes