Kawasaki Liquid Gasket Alternative

Joe2

Threads
Howdy all,
I'm replacing the oil pan/crankcase cover on a FS600v-BS13 and the parts manual calls for liquid gasket part # 92104-7001. A small tube is almost 40 bucks, what's an acceptable alternative? I'm thinking ultra black by Permatex.
Thanks all

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can use Permatex and its cheaper, but or just a little more money and you will get the same results as Kawasaki liquid gasket, use Three Bond 1215 gray. I have had much better luck on motorcycles with the 1215 Gray Bond. For some reason after long hours of riding with a lot of hot and cold the Permatex just doesn't seem to hold up as well. Nothing wrong with the Permatex when used in the right places. The three bond can be a little harder to find and I bought mine off line. One of the things get the best results with any liquid gasket is where you use it make sure its clean.

Joe2

Threads
Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up using the ultra black and after an hour of run time no leaks.

Good 1 Brian

Threads
I see you already got the job done but another product that I used for about $20.00

Loctite ® 518™ Gasket Eliminator ® Flange Sealant
Recommended for use on rigid iron, steel and aluminum flanges e.g. aluminum gearbox and engine castings, etc. Easy disassembly and cleaning.
Loctite® 518™ Gasket Eliminator® Flange Sealant forms a flexible, solvent-resistant seal that will not tear or decay. Seals to 300 °F and fills gaps to 0.50". It can be used on flexible metal assemblies, including aluminum surfaces.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up using the ultra black and after an hour of run time no leaks.

Nothing wrong with ultra black, one hour of running time is nothing and I can understand no leaks. Under extreme use the Peratex just wouldn't hold up. I have ran into problems with motorcycles with Peratex where there is a lot of heat like places that run close to exhaust. Ever hear the saying you get what you pay for and the Three Bond will be a little more expensive. I hope you nothing but good luck.