Echo at Home Depot?

bassadict69

Threads
Is the Echo line at Home Depot the same as at the dealers? There is a substantial price difference and want to make sure I am comparing apples to apples.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the Echo line at Home Depot the same as at the dealers? There is a substantial price difference and want to make sure I am comparing apples to apples.

Yes there the same thing. Home depot buys bulk so they can afford to sell at a cheaper price when they put them on sale. The problem is service and warranty. If something goes wrong with the unit you wont get the same service at the dealer as you would if you purchased the equipment at the dealer. They will always service what they sell first and not worry about HD stuff.

bassadict69

Threads
That is the other thing I am worried about. I had hoped that since I bought my Gravely from this same dealer last year, they would be willing to deal a little on the trimmers...no such luck!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is the other thing I am worried about. I had hoped that since I bought my Gravely from this same dealer last year, they would be willing to deal a little on the trimmers...no such luck!

Generally speaking Stihl doesn't have the mark up like the Echo's or at least that's what I've been told by my dealer, so there isn't the room for as much negotiations like the echo's have. I do know that if I go to my dealer with an Echo price from Home Depot they will match the price because they would rather have my business than to give it HD.