Echo weedeater/brush cutter?

bassadict69

Threads
My old Craftsman weedeater/brush cutter bit the dust last summer so I am needing a new one and looked at Echo the other day.

I am needing one I can change the head from the string to a brush cutter blade for use out on the deer lease. I am looking at the SRM 266T...Any opionions on this?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My old Craftsman weedeater/brush cutter bit the dust last summer so I am needing a new one and looked at Echo the other day.

I am needing one I can change the head from the string to a brush cutter blade for use out on the deer lease. I am looking at the SRM 266T...Any opionions on this?

You'd be better off with the FS 110 Stihl. You may want to also look at the FS 90 Stihl.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Ric, I will look into them...

The FS 90 is a solid, straight driveshaft works with a variety of cutting attachments giving you more flexibility in trimming applications. Plus it has a somewhat bigger engine at 28.4cc vs the 25 cc Echo. and there the same price. The 266T weighs 13.6 and the Stihl FS 90 is 11.7 which is a big difference when using the machine over an extended period of time.

bassadict69

Threads
Due to warranty and other little things they explained, I went with a Echo 266... Thanks everyone for the help!

zmister11

Threads
Due to warranty and other little things they explained, I went with a Echo 266... Thanks everyone for the help!

I think yull be happy with it. Now I only use stihls. But I still have my echo 225 brush cutter from 2 years ago, and it still works great!