Does snow plow close your driveway?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some people get really angry when a plow pushes snow into their driveway and don't seem to understand that's just how it is. There is really no viable option for the plow operator in most cases.

BWH

Threads
Some people get really angry when a plow pushes snow into their driveway and don't seem to understand that's just how it is. There is really no viable option for the plow operator in most cases.

There may be hope for this situation!

Check this out on YouTube …City testing snow boot to avoid blocking driveways

Seems to work quite well.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seeing this for a few years around here. Same concept.
snow box.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm on the fire department, and some of the DPW guys are also....and they keep my driveway clear at the road, large truck comes down like normal, and a pick up comes in behind him to clear the end

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm on the fire department, and some of the DPW guys are also....and they keep my driveway clear at the road, large truck comes down like normal, and a pick up comes in behind him to clear the end

Is this good for everybody in the town on the fire deptment and who is paying for this?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found a plow "boot" on Youtube but it's for a grader used for plowing. Around here they use trucks exclusively. I'm sure it could be adapted to a truck though.

I have a private drive I do that has an adjoining property with a side driveway to their detached garage on it. I can V my plow as I approach it to avoid plowing it in but for larger storms the snow load either won't let me do that or it causes the snow to spill back into the lane I just plowed.

In my town the emergency crews send a pickup truck with a plow on it when responding during snow storms. They plowed one of my driveways when my customer threw her back out and needed an ambulance. They pushed the snow right against her husband's car which was out in the driveway...so I don't think they're very experienced at plowing, lol, but it did enable them to get her to the ER.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
really, say that again when your house is on fire

I will say it again. Who pays for it, tax payers? I will grantee it wouldn't happen in our town. Every town can have a different set of rules and taxes are getting higher every year. I clean out the fire hydrants by my house, not the town. I have to say you are very lucky that the town cleans out your drive way but you will find very few towns will do that. And as far as you putting out any fire in my house or town is very unlikely seeing we live many miles apart.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Our town used to plow out the Fire Chief who is also an EMT for the ambulance association, but I plow his apron now that I plow the driveway next to him. He has a 4wd work truck now and that's usually all he needs. There is a wide shared apron that "Y's" off from there to the respective driveways. I don't know if they do the same for the other volunteer fire and ambulance guys, but I can't imagine anyone in town complaining about it if they did.

The funny thing is that the driveway I plow is actually my back driveway about 1/2 mile from my house (we have 34 acres) and I get paid to plow it for the homeowner that has a right-of-way across it and a house embedded in my property.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Our town used to plow out the Fire Chief who is also an EMT for the ambulance association, but I plow his apron now that I plow the driveway next to him. He has a 4wd work truck now and that's usually all he needs. There is a wide shared apron that "Y's" off from there to the respective driveways. I don't know if they do the same for the other volunteer fire and ambulance guys, but I can't imagine anyone in town complaining about it if they did.

The funny thing is that the driveway I plow is actually my back driveway about 1/2 mile from my house (we have 34 acres) and I get paid to plow it for the homeowner that has a right-of-way across it and a house embedded in my property.

I guess nothing wrong here, you work for or volunteer the fire department or EMT you get free drive way plowing. When I was working a full time job it was my own responsibly to get out of bed early and open my own driveway and it came out of my labor and pocket not the tax payers. Sorry I say its your own responsibly to keep your own private driveway open and not the towns. Just where does it stop, if you work or volunteer for any emergency style job it free snow removal right to your house door.