Help with a 37hp DFI engine, surges then dies.

rokcrlr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently picked up a 2011 ferris 3100 with the 37hp DFI engine, about 1300 hours. I bought it knowing it had some rough running problems. Reading on here it sounded like it just need the TB cleaned. Nope didn't help. So I got a manual and tried doing the self dynastic, but it wasn't working. I got it fixed,bulb, and it's throwing code 11,Throttle (Accelerator) position sensor malfunction, wiring open or short,and code 58
Throttle motor malfunction, wiring open or short. Which aren't serviceable . So I bought a new throttle body. Well it's still showing the same codes. I visually inspected the harness and can't find anything wrong with it, no chaffing ,etc.
So does anyone have any ideas? I have to turn the ignition switch several times now to get it to start so I'm going to replace that, and go ahead and replace the throttle rocker as well. I only have $1500 in mower so far so I figure I can throw a grand at it and still have a bargain. The new TB /ecu I picked up open box for 325, so I'm sitting at 1750 now. A new harness is another 325 and I'm balking at it Oh we don't have anyone within a hour of where i'm at who can work on this.

slabriola

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever get this figured out? I see you posted 5 years ago. I have the same issue on a 2013 Ferris 3100 with a 37hp DFI.

Born2Mow

Threads
User was last seen here 2 days after posting this message.

ALWSRT10

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever get this figured out? I see you posted 5 years ago. I have the same issue on a 2013 Ferris 3100 with a 37hp DFI.
I’m having the same issue….any remedies found?