Won't start

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, on many pieces of equipment the PTO switch is part of the starting circuit. They could be related, but we don't know, because we are not there. At this point you need to go through an electrical troubleshooting procedure to diagnosis your problem. Give us results in very clear and concise terms and we will help you move forward. As I said earlier, you cannot assume or skip any steps when doing electrical troubleshooting. Something as simple as a dirty connector could cause a major problem for the troubleshooter.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bobby,
I don't think you have quite got how things work.
You come to us with a problem you have but we can not see nor hear.
We ask you some questions that we need to know so we can help you sort out your problem in an efficient manner.
Or we ask you to do things and tell us what happened when you did them.
Without this feed back we can do little more than throw random ideas at you, most of which will be our own "pet" problem.

You have not answered any of the questions Rivits asked nor told me what you jumped from where to get to the conclusion that all the wiring is good.

If you are not going to do this then you may as well go down to the parts shop and buy a new :-
battery
ignition switch
starter motor
PTO switch
wiring loom
all wiring relays
ignition module
Thus spend several hundreds when all you needed to do was clean a contact.
Your mower, your money, your hands. your time, your decision.

Bobby Boyd

Threads
Bobby,
I don't think you have quite got how things work.
You come to us with a problem you have but we can not see nor hear.
We ask you some questions that we need to know so we can help you sort out your problem in an efficient manner.
Or we ask you to do things and tell us what happened when you did them.
Without this feed back we can do little more than throw random ideas at you, most of which will be our own "pet" problem.

You have not answered any of the questions Rivits asked nor told me what you jumped from where to get to the conclusion that all the wiring is good.

If you are not going to do this then you may as well go down to the parts shop and buy a new :-
battery
ignition switch
starter motor
PTO switch
wiring loom
all wiring relays
ignition module
Thus spend several hundreds when all you needed to do was clean a contact.
Your mower, your money, your hands. your time, your decision.

Wow! I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone that replied to my recent mower issue and I apologize. I work shift work and have not been able to get to it just yet. I have made copies of all replies and will start troubling shooting tomorrow Monday February 7th weather permitting. It looks like snow showers during the day so may have to wait for a warmer and better day.

I just want to say that this forum has helped me many times and I am grateful to those that have given me help.

-bobby

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No one is upset.
But to get results we need to work together as a team.
Every one here wants you to be able to fix your mower with the minimum time and expense.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
About the only way to upset the experts is to either post about a problem, then get upset if they don't have a reply within a couple hours. Or the other way is to try to tell the experts they don't know what they are talking about.

One will get you snapped at, the other will get you picked up by your belt loops, and thrown out the door, and the garage door slammed down behind you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
About the only way to upset the experts is to either post about a problem, then get upset if they don't have a reply within a couple hours. Or the other way is to try to tell the experts they don't know what they are talking about.

One will get you snapped at, the other will get you picked up by your belt loops, and thrown out the door, and the garage door slammed down behind you.

gees,
I hope you don't own a gun
The wors't my ex-cusomers get is having their phone number put into the banned list and me never replying to the messages.:laughing:

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
gees,
I hope you don't own a gun
The wors't my ex-cusomers get is having their phone number put into the banned list and me never replying to the messages.:laughing:

My guess is she does.........:laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bobby, not upset, just don't like additions without reason. By adding other possibilities without first testing just confuses things for everyone. We understand that many do not have time to follow through in a timely manor, but we want to help you, so you must help us. Go through the procedure and post back with the results. From these we will have a better picture of what you have and how to proceed. You are tackling the toughest problem, (electrical) that a mechanic has to deal with and many times it is not an easy diagnosis. At this point just report back hard facts and we will give you directions on how to proceed.
Micah, I don't know how your post has anything to do with this thread, your immaturity is showing again. Read and follow your signature before posting.