Which Sulky is Better?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have two options for sulkies. I was wondering which one would be better? I know nothing about them. I just know one has swivel wheels. It would be for a Ferris 48" dual hydro walk behind

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
For some odd reason, I cannot post the links to the two models.

One is the Bull Rider from Trimmer trap. It has swivel wheels on castors.

The other one is the Bronco Rider from Trimmer trap also. It does not have swivel wheels.

sjessen

Threads
One of them is a trailering type sulky and the other is one where the operator is always behind the controls. Most seem to prefer the trailering type.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
So, the trailering one is the one that seems to be on the hitch I guess.

The other one is solid and follows the machine. Kinda like a straight shaft. I guess that would be better for not jackniffing while backing up.

sjessen

Threads
So, the trailering one is the one that seems to be on the hitch I guess.

The other one is solid and follows the machine. Kinda like a straight shaft. I guess that would be better for not jackniffing while backing up.

You are correct. The downside is the operator is moving really fast on turns and it does not fit as well into tight spaces.

mowerman05

Threads
Used to have the traile ring type years ago, it was ok but I preferred to walk as I got a nicer looking job and a lot less stress on my body. Backing up took a little time to learn to slow down but it was easy to do. Sold mine several years back, continue to walk behind mower when using that mower.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a hard one to decide on!

We only mow with 30" mowers so a breack on a platform while on the WB would be great for my body. I guess I will have to think about this and see what is best. It it personal preferences as I can see.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are correct. The downside is the operator is moving really fast on turns and it does not fit as well into tight spaces.

True! But, I guess even the trailering type takes room to when you back up. Is it real hard to backup with these or after a little pratice one gets good at it?

sjessen

Threads
True! But, I guess even the trailering type takes room to when you back up. Is it real hard to backup with these or after a little pratice one gets good at it?

Yes, one gets better with practice. There is always the problem of jackknifing. I use the Exmark Standon and it does better than some sulky's I've used.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Knowing myself I would be better with the castor wheels non trailering sulky. Less chances of hurting my self with jackniffing. I guess that if I make a perimeter cut at first I will have enough room to work the sulky while turning.

Also, I can always fold up the sulky when not needed on small portions of lawns.