Scag SWZT vs Snapper Pro/Ferris SW35

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
SCAG is a very good mower. Well built and cuts well with the Velocity deck. I love there machines, but very rare around here and dealer offers no financing and is expensive (7200$ for a 36").

I am going to get a Ferris FW35 (same as a Snapper, but a litlle better). Snapper and Ferris are not as expensive, but it doesn't mean they aren't as good.

If you can, try both mowers out. Dealer support and warranty is very important IMO. The decks on the Snapper/Ferris are vey good also and stripe well.

I don't understand what you mean when you say the dealer doesn't offer financing? The Dealers don't have anything to do with financing.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not very concerned about weight when it comes to walk behinds. I don't know what constitutes "well built," one company says their way of building is the best another will tell you they are building a smarter way. The Scag appears to be built so in a way so that it is not putting a lot of weight on the turf. The Snapper/Ferris might be the more heavy duty of the two but I really have no idea. Everyone says scag is the best or, at least, they will say its a great brand. So considering what people have said I am leaning towards Scag because all the prices I have compared between the two brands are nearly the same.

My number one concern is how well each mower mulches. I will most likely go with the best mulching mower even if it were a completely different brand.

When one talks about a well built mower you talk about the frame, is it a 2x2 or 1.5x3 and what gauge is the metal, same for the deck. What gauge is the deck, is it a 13 or 10 or a 10/7 with reinforced spindle mounts and what and how big are the spindles, are they sealed or grease-able type. Ferris and Snapper are cheaper for a reason just like Toro is more expensive for a reason, you get what you pay for.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't understand what you mean when you say the dealer doesn't offer financing? The Dealers don't have anything to do with financing.

SCAG doesn't offer financing in Canada for some odd reason unless I was fed BS.
Dealer didn't want to arrange something on his own neither.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
SCAG doesn't offer financing in Canada for some odd reason unless I was fed BS.
Dealer didn't want to arrange something on his own neither.

Scag Power Equipment and Sheffield Financial offer the Financing, it's a manufacturer promotion. Same with Toro and any of the others. The dealer doesn't have anything to do with financing so unless Sheffield doesn't offer financing in Canada (which they may do I don't know) you can get any number of financing options and you should be able to get the 0% 48 month on most of there mowers unless your credit rating is bad. The dealer just takes your application and submits it / fax it in and you get approved in minutes.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess the dealer was full of s h i t.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess the dealer was full of s h i t.

I don't know about being full of crap, it just sounds like maybe his percentage is more if he sells through the business.