Honda GX340 HELP PLEASE no start....with pics

HelpPlease

Forum Newbie
Threads
Honda GX340. Fixing for friend. He said it was running rough...I couldnt get it to start at all, not even for a second with carb cleaner. Check spark...Very strong...new plug even. Removed OHV cover and head and found it like this...Schmoots even in the intake behind where the carb connects.....Cylinder is not scratched from bad rings....Seems good. I did compression test, but keep in mind this engine has the compression release inside for easier starting...Even so I should get a little compression....I am getting 30 psi if i am lucky.....Look at pics please... Any ideas? I am getting leak down test kit tomorrrow and going clean up the schmoots everywhere put it back together..try to start and if no start still I am going to do leak down test......Thanks ahead of time for any help you provide....Here is the imgur pic link...something is wrong on this forum and i cant post the actual link nor use the forums pic uploader or link uploader, so please copy and paste the link below yourself to see them....thanks again...

imgur.com/a/cS8pP

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your images did not come through.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
JsrThk9.jpg

fOtaPNB.jpg

zphOC6y.jpg

CMqMgrc.jpg

fZd84bN.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am suprised you got that much.
The rings will be stuffed, if there is any of them left at all.
With that much carbon in the head you are bound to have some stuck under the valves as well.
So a minimum rings & valve job.
looks like it has been blowing into the crankcase for a long while causing the debris to enter the carb via the breather.

Or the owner has been running the engine a way too much an angle which has caused oil to flow out of the sump & into the cylinder via the breather.
breather may also be clogged