Hustler ZTR Storage......

Grass Whisper

Threads
Ok I had read in the manual that it is best to store your mower during off season on jacks and off the tires. #1: Does anyone do this? #2: Where do you place the jacks under the mower?

I started my Fastrak 54 and ran it for about 15mins at idle. Next, I engaged the blades for a bit of spin time. Its a bit strange but I swear that the tires had a hollow spot from sitting in my shop. Granted, I have not checked the pressure in the tires but will square that away soon. It got me thinking about the storage information in the manual. So, aside from the normal oil changing and blowing off grass for storage does anyone store their machine off the tires and on jacks?

2015 Fastrak 54 W/Gator blades
Empire Zoysia @ 2.75 inch cut

tbarnett

Threads
I store mine indoors (in my shop) as well and I have never had an issue with the tires.

On the other hand, if it is stored in the elements on a soil surface it may make sense to put it on jacks?

Grass Whisper

Threads
I too store in my shop. I have to be honest in that this is my OCD coming out. I start her up let her run just to keep things "moving". True, most likely not necessary but I like to not let my equipment sit too long without running. Personally think placing your mower on jacks during the offseason is not worth a flip. More trouble than its worth. Thanks for your reply, good sir.

DK35vince

Threads
Its a bit strange but I swear that the tires had a hollow spot from sitting in my shop. Granted, I have not checked the pressure in the tires but will square that away soon. It got me thinking about the storage information in the manual.
Bias ply tires can flat spot from sitting.
They may bounce for a while, but once you start running it they will straighten out.
I have never set a mower on jacks for storage.

mko1024

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here in Florida I just keep mowing my grass. Not as often but it never stops growing.

:smile:

DK35vince

Threads
Here in Florida I just keep mowing my grass. Not as often but it never stops growing.

:smile:
Mine has been sitting in the shed since probably around mid October

Last edited: