I think I narrowed down my tractor choice

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I made up my mind. Thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it. I was going into this thing determined to get a John Deere and being done with Craftsman, only because that's the only mower I ever used in my 50 years. After consulting with you good folks and visiting the JD and Husky dealer as well as Home Depot for the Cub Cadet and Sears for the Craftsman and sitting on and messing with all of the machines I was interested in I decided on the Craftsman Pro series. Just seems more sturdy than the JD and CC as well as substantially less expensive than the Husqvarna. I visited a million sites for reviews, comparisons etc. Just makes sense. Anyway thanks again. Bob
Good choice. Post a picture of it.
Happy mowing.

ingigo

Threads
Have you bought any attachments? How even does it cut the lawn? I almost bought one, I got a Husqvarna, so I kinda did buy a craftsman.
how or what kind of of transmission does it have? any cool features?

RJL1

Threads
Well I have an update. I was literally in the final stages of placing my order on the Sears site and I figured I would print out what I have and drive to the husqvarnia, which is under 5 miles away and show them my print out and see if they can work with me with the price. They came in 300 dollars more than the Craftman and triple bagger. So I'm getting a Garden tractor, the YT48XLS with the welded deck and a triple bagger. It was a no brainer, 300 bucks more for alot more machine. Can't wait to get it. Probably by the end of the week.

Bob

tbarnett

Threads
Congratulations on your new tractor, good deal!! Let us know when it's delivered.

RJL1

Threads
I have an update to my update. My dealer and I both didn't realize the bagger required for the YT48XLS was nearly a grand and further more came with some pretty questionable reviews, for the bagger, the tractor itself looks awesome. I also wasn't convinced I could take the bagging system off and on as much as I do when I'm using the tractor. It seems it's belt driven from the mower deck. truth be told if it was easy to get off and had some better reviews I would have bit the bullet and stuck with the YT48XLS. Anyway today the dealer came and picked up the YT48XLS and dropped off a YT24V48. I'm kind of bummed I stepping down a bit tractor wise, deck wise and motor wise but I'll get over it. I'd post a pic but I have no idea how to resize it to fit in my album.
Finally my exhausting tractor research debacle is over. Hopefully this new machine performs as advertised.

Thanks again all for the help.

Bob