Fords New GT Super Car

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ford-GT-Motion-101-876x535.jpg

Ford-GT-Motion-112-876x535.jpg

Ford-GT-Motion-107-876x535.jpg

Ford-GT-Motion-119-876x535.jpg

Ford’s next-generation twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine 600 plus HP

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of them would sure look good setting next to your BMW and new pick-up.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Somehow Ford has retained an edge while GM has lost its way. Saw a new Ford GT Mustang in corn puff orange. A real show stopper.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
At 400.000 dollars I don't think Ford will be having a big run on them. I am sure Ford has a reason for making such a car which I don't understand.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
At 400.000 dollars I don't think Ford will be having a big run on them. I am sure Ford has a reason for making such a car which I don't understand.

Well supposedly the car is rated to be in the same category as the Lamborgini Aventabor which is or cost between $400,000 and $500,000. The older GT were costing like $150,000 back in 2008 and it will most likely be a limited production car.

okiepc

Threads
Why did I not have this on my Dear Santa list? :laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

Stevie-Ray

Threads
I love it, it's exciting, but my favorite design of all time, from ANY auto company, was the original GT and by extension the reincarnation of the first decade of the new millennia. That, IMO, was simply the most beautiful car to ever put rubber to road. I'd have a 2005 for sure if I ever won the lottery, that much is certain. Even a Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Enzo would fall by the wayside in favor of one of these, for me. Gulf colors, please.

Have_Blue

Threads
I love it, it's exciting, but my favorite design of all time, from ANY auto company, was the original GT and by extension the reincarnation of the first decade of the new millennia. That, IMO, was simply the most beautiful car to ever put rubber to road. I'd have a 2005 for sure if I ever won the lottery, that much is certain. Even a Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Enzo would fall by the wayside in favor of one of these, for me. Gulf colors, please.

If you're talking about the old GT40, I agree. It was beautiful in an engineering way, but also in an organic way. No car has ever stirred my emotions like a GT 40.

That said, you don't drive them. You wear them. The "40" means 40" high. If you are over 5'10, you need a Gurney roof bubble to even sit in the car.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Ford GT story is even as good as the looks. I forget who produced it, but the guys who build the two Le Mans cars were winging it right up to the last moment. And this was before the wind tunnels were widely used. Great heritage. Why can't Harley compete in Moto GT ? They tried and failed a few years back. Not enough patience and commitment, and too much profit driven. The big corporate pocketbooks play a big role. In Moto GP little Ducati has struggled during the last 8 years. Audi bought in and now they are right up at the front.