Snowblower question....Ariens tractor & blower

trlong

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at purchasing a used Ariens S18H tractor with a single stage front mount snowblower on it.....I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the pto driven front blowers....wondering how far they will blow the snow. Also do they have any trouble with heavy snow, or should I be looking at another set up? I am getting an incredible deal, so if it's any good I don't want to pass up on it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been using this same set up for years now, only with a wheel horse. I do find that it dose a very good job with moving snow no matter how much or how deep. And being a single stage it dose blow the snow a long distant. It will blow wet heavy snow but only very small bits at a time and it will plug up often. You will need wheel weights and tire chains on your tractor. The bad point is that its a very high maintenance outfit because through the season I do have to make repairs. Another bad point it blows a lot of snow into your face if you are going against the wind. I did make a change this pass year which worked out good. I installed a plow on my ATV . I have been using this till the snow banks get too high and hard to move with the plow. At this point I use the snow blower to move the snow banks back which works out very well. I live by Lake Ontario and we do get a lot of snow off from the lake so I do believe we get more snow then normal. I really don't think you will be sorry if you buy the Ariens because they have been making snow removal equipment for years and know what they are doing.