Mower Won't Start

rickey5

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Sears Craftsman Self-Propelled 22" mower. It has a Briggs&Stratton 700 Series, 190cc engine. I've owned the mower for 4 years and it has always started with just a pull or two on the starter handle. I tried to start it for one final cut a couple of weeks ago and could not get it to start. Pulled the plug and checked the gap, it was ok. Checked the filter, it was a little dirty but not bad. Took the filter off and sprayed starter fluid right into the intake. It would try to start, sputter and then quit. Did this several times, no success. Also I've never let gas sit in the mower over the winter. I've always run the gas out before storing. I also use fresh gas each season.
Looking for help and ideas as to what I can do next to get the mower to start.
Thanks for any help!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If this mower was built after 2012 that engine would have one of the new narrow gap spark plugs, They have a bad habit of fouling out for some reason. Replace the plug with the correct plug for your engine and see what happens.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Start with a new spark plug. You can buy them from most any auto parts store. Gap may be OK but the spark plug may have a internal short.

Mikel1

Threads
Does it try to start each time you used the starter fluid? If it does then there is a fuel delivery problem.