New startup advice

serelaw

Threads
Dear Bert,
I always enjoy your writings. Having used logic and common sense myself
when championing a cause, I can recognize the futility of effort by a protagonist early on.
I hope you will not weary of fending off the occasional attack by not so like minded posters.
Your insight into various topics here brings a breath of fresh air to the forum.
I especially like the links and such. Most just let sound come from their mouth holes and we are
supposed to take it as gospel and the last word on the matter.

Carscw,
I would have to try hard to care less about anyone that would call you deceitful and dishonest.
I would congratulate both of you on your journey and your accomplishments. But doing what we are supposed to do
in life is kinda cheapened by a faceless strangers "Atta Boy" from the internet. That level of gravitas seems to be watered down lately.
Doing the right thing, being loyal to family and friends, showing respect to others and trying to get ahead in the struggle of everyday life used to be the norm.
(By "Others" I mean those so profoundly misguided and wrong and close minded that they are hopeless twats forever lost in a mental world of the unclear and totally ignorant reality that is their existence.)
Getting a second or third chance is usually earned by the person for showing signs of repentance and the willingness to toe the line and act right.
I know, I am as guilty as anyone for being a dbag here sometimes. I never was one to suffer fools very well.
I lost my train of thought but that happens when you get old from time to time.
I have never been sued or questioned having hired a ex whatever. I have fired some that where not ready for prime time as it were.
But all in all no regrets.
Ramble over and out

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dear Bert, I always enjoy your writings. Having used logic and common sense myself when championing a cause, I can recognize the futility of effort by a protagonist early on. I hope you will not weary of fending off the occasional attack by not so like minded posters. Your insight into various topics here brings a breath of fresh air to the forum. I especially like the links and such. Most just let sound come from their mouth holes and we are supposed to take it as gospel and the last word on the matter. Carscw, I would have to try hard to care less about anyone that would call you deceitful and dishonest. I would congratulate both of you on your journey and your accomplishments. But doing what we are supposed to do in life is kinda cheapened by a faceless strangers "Atta Boy" from the internet. That level of gravitas seems to be watered down lately. Doing the right thing, being loyal to family and friends, showing respect to others and trying to get ahead in the struggle of everyday life used to be the norm. (By "Others" I mean those so profoundly misguided and wrong and close minded that they are hopeless twats forever lost in a mental world of the unclear and totally ignorant reality that is their existence.) Getting a second or third chance is usually earned by the person for showing signs of repentance and the willingness to toe the line and act right. I know, I am as guilty as anyone for being a dbag here sometimes. I never was one to suffer fools very well. I lost my train of thought but that happens when you get old from time to time. I have never been sued or questioned having hired a ex whatever. I have fired some that where not ready for prime time as it were. But all in all no regrets. Ramble over and out

Well said.
I just like helping people.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the accolade though it is not the reason why I do what I do.
It is something I really started to notice way back in my uni days ( college to some ), which was funded partially from the full time job and partially from proceeds of the criminal activities of the group I associated with.
People with the strongest beliefs had the least amount of knowledge to base it on. There were no science students marching in the anti-uranium protests.
The students with the strongest racist ideas had never associated with anyone outside their race/ religion / social demographic.
However to resort to a socially repugnamt & violent clique in order to gain self esteem showed me something interesting, almost every one was there for the same reason, we were all socially disenfranchised youth seeking our "place" in society.
Bikies have not changed, it is just the groups their ranks are drawn from has gone from Poms, to Maltese, to Leboneese to Portugeese etc, etc, all groups who were socially rejected at one time till the next group of "others" became the whipping horse of the "civilised " society.
Being forced to work to support myself from around 12, I can identify with Black people who can not get a job. And in order to hide my "interesting" past they had to be all low pay mannual type jobs.
As such I was privilledged to work side by side with lots of "societies rejects" and illegals.
The old saying to walk a mile in your enemies shoes is so true it is not funny.
Apart from religious zealots I have found the vast bulk of people like Ric ( not trying to pick on Ric ) have no first hand knowledge about their prejudices.
So if they actually found out just how many ex-inmates they came into contact with on a daily basis the views they have about "what every one else will think" might just change a bit, as a large amount ot the "others" will if not been to prision themselves be closely associated with some one who has.
As luck will have it I dropped out of the bikie gang and found a new social circle of mainly academics who base their decisions on facts or better still, get the facts first then make a decision based upon them.
It is something ( called the scientific method ) that I have tried to practice.
Not too different to fixing a mower.
You listen to the customer, then you gather evidence then you make a decision.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I knew you had some kind of education Bert. You seem to know so much. You are of great help to the forum! I hope you stay around for a long time. A hard past can sometimes give a lot to a person. It helps one to grow better and learn from there mistakes.

It is very important to gather as much info as possible and then judge. Too many are judgemental by just looking quickly at a person physically. This is what University (College) helped me consider. All tho, I still judge to fast sometimes.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I'm done with this forum it's just repetitive crap at this point it's full of good info that can be utilized with the search feature. But full of drama and annoying people cya later alligators

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think I'm done with this forum it's just repetitive crap at this point it's full of good info that can be utilized with the search feature. But full of drama and annoying people cya later alligators

^^^^
This is what people do when others do not think like them. Or agree with them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
^^^^
This is what people do when others do not think like them. Or agree with them.

Congratulations Carscw, I see you and a couple of others finally ran off a valuable member of the forum. Ya'll should be proud of yourselves. Hope your feeling deep pleasure and or satisfaction as a result of ya'lls achievements.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Congratulations Carscw, I see you and a couple of others finally ran off a valuable member of the forum. Ya'll should be proud of yourselves. Hope your feeling deep pleasure and or satisfaction as a result of ya'lls achievements.

Not my fault he gets butt hurt easy.
I was very easy on him after he felt the need to insult me.
He has a lot of nerve to call anyone else dishonest after how he got start doing lawn care on his own.
You don't like me but even you know I did not lay into him.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And ditto ,
If I gave any one flack, Ric it was you. Although I do try not too make things personal. We argee on some and dissagree on others.
Telling some one they are wrong benefits nobody. Showing them why they are wrong will at least make them think about how they they came to their conclusions.
If some find this self examination embarrassing and decide to go bunker down in their own safe place that is unfortunate.

Perhaps I am just weird, but I like to be correct most of the time and am most grateful to all the people ( and there have been a lot) who have taken the time to explain to me why I was wrong so I can change my opinion to one closer to correct.

Blades of Glory

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone else notice this thread is up to 4 pages and origional poster hasn't been back ? Hmm

I was going to just leave this post alone considering not a single person addressed my actual question, but rather stole off two words I mentioned about my employee base. I have done actual legitimizing and lengthy research on the complications of hiring ex-offenders, apparently much more than the hyper-postulating nincompoops on this forum.

If anyone read the original question, you may recall it was on a totally separate subject: "I am looking for sound management counsel in bidding/equipment/HR/multiple crew logistics and best practices. I am an experiential learner and the idea hit me to reach out to this community to request if anyone in the Southeast would be willing to let me ride along with you and your company for a day or two during the off season while things are slower for all of us."

My conclusion is that there is no one here that has sound management counsel because no one has actually read my post.

People who say it can't be done should get out of the way of people who are doing it.