I Robot/Roomba Vacuum

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anyone have or ever used one of those I Robot/Roomba vacuum cleaners? Just wondered if they really work. Bed Bath and Beyond have a 20% off coupon, helps with the price tag.

Last edited:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
One of my clients has an old version of it. His task in the house was to take care of cleaning. He got the roomba to solve that. Works well.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of my clients has an old version of it. His task in the house was to take care of cleaning. He got the Roomba to solve that. Works well.

The wife wants one for Christmas and I've been thinking about the 870 version. I'm just not to fond of anything battery operated but I guess it's like everything else these days.

Threads
The wife wants one for Christmas and I've been thinking about the 870 version. I'm just not to fond of anything battery operated but I guess it's like everything else these days.

Well maybe they make a 4 mix version to complement your Stihl equipment. :wink: For my house it would be too much of a hassle as there are steps, dog gates, etc. on the first floor. But for a lot of houses I'm sure it would work good.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well maybe they make a 4 mix version to complement your Stihl equipment. :wink: For my house it would be too much of a hassle as there are steps, dog gates, etc. on the first floor. But for a lot of houses I'm sure it would work good.

I'm going to find, I think I'm going to get the 870 Monday afternoon.

gainestruk

Threads
Ric keep us up to date how it works, I've been thinking about one for the last year but don't know anyone that has one to see if it cleans like they say on advertisements :thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The landlord has 2, not sure of the brand, but they have been using them for about 5 years.
They do get trapped in small rooms a bit and you can not have any cords of any type on the floor, so it might take a fair bit of reorganising to get it to work properly.
However they are very happy with theirs,
Last person to leave turns them on ( via remote ) and first person home turns them off.
They tried running them all night but they could not get used to the noise of them running.
She is asthmatic so it is all solid floors with just a few scatter rugs, they have 3 very fluffy house cats and they are quite happy with them.
The house is built on a concrete slab so dead flat floors, no steps, no floor level changes.
You will either have to give the house a very good clean before you turn them on or be preparred to empty them every 1/2 hour for the first week or so because the dirt bags are very small.
One is an older, bump & change direction, random path "stupid" type and the other is a newer "intelligent " type that is supposed to learn the floor plan which works a lot better.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric keep us up to date how it works, I've been thinking about one for the last year but don't know anyone that has one to see if it cleans like they say on advertisements :thumbsup:

I talked to the guy or salesperson at Bed Bath and Beyond last night and I was really impressed with the warranty they offer. You get a two year trade offer on the Vacuum, in other words you keep your receipt and you can keep the vacuum for two years and trade it in on a new model and they will give you the full purchase price for your machine and you make up the difference in price for the new upgrade.

The thing I like about the machine is it's programmable so it will leave its docking port, vacuum the house and dock itself and charge itself automatically when we are at work. The 870 has a 75 minute run time, the machines under the 870 are 60 minutes run time so it has plenty of time to clean the house. The 870 is 599.99 but right now BBB has a 20% of coupon on any item so that makes the price a little more reasonable.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My wife purchased the model 880 at Bed Bath and Beyond about a month ago. I thought, what a waste of money, but with your wife you know you better keep you mouth shut. Surprisingly it seems to do a pretty go job. Even I could see that the rug looked cleaner when it was done. She swears that it is great, but what do I know, still think it's over priced.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My wife purchased the model 880 at Bed Bath and Beyond about a month ago. I thought, what a waste of money, but with your wife you know you better keep you mouth shut. Surprisingly it seems to do a pretty go job. Even I could see that the rug looked cleaner when it was done. She swears that it is great, but what do I know, still think it's over priced.

I would have agreed with you about being over priced but when I was looking at them I saw the Dyson V6 cordless and it was right at $500 and it only has 20 minute run time, so the 870 at $599 with a 75 minute run time I didn't think was that bad a deal. If I'm not mistaken the 880 and 980 both have something like a 2 hour run time and the 980 you can use or operate with your cell phone.