I Robot/Roomba Vacuum

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric keep us up to date how it works, I've been thinking about one for the last year but don't know anyone that has one to see if it cleans like they say on advertisements :thumbsup:

Well I got the thing and it's cleaning. I'm glad I got the one with the two walls so I can keep it confined to one area cause it likes to travel for sure. It's not as loud as a regular vacuum but it does make a little noise bouncing off things. Its speed or the sensors slow it down before it bumps into anything really hard but it seems to clean everything very well, in and around kitchen tables and chairs to under couches and such. The dogs are kinda taking a dim look about though:smile:
Scheduling the thing is very easy so it takes off by itself and as long as you keep it confined to one area with the docking station it will dock itself when it needs to charge itself but if you let try cleaning the whole house it and it gets to far from the station it can't find the docking port it time to get back before the batteries die.
As far as cleaning goes it as good as any upright vacuum I've used so I'm not disappointed in the machine at all. If your busy people and gone all day and you schedule a time for the thing to run you'll have a clean house or floors when you get home. The Key to its operation and how good the thing will clean is keeping it dumped after every cleaning and wiping the sensors every couple of weeks and cleaning on a daily schedule and if you have pets clean the brushes and filters after every use. I'd also recommend the models with rubber brushes especially if you have pets.

gainestruk

Threads
Well I got the thing and it's cleaning. I'm glad I got the one with the two walls so I can keep it confined to one area cause it likes to travel for sure. It's not as loud as a regular vacuum but it does make a little noise bouncing off things. Its speed or the sensors slow it down before it bumps into anything really hard but it seems to clean everything very well, in and around kitchen tables and chairs to under couches and such. The dogs are kinda taking a dim look about though:smile:
Scheduling the thing is very easy so it takes off by itself and as long as you keep it confined to one area with the docking station it will dock itself when it needs to charge itself but if you let try cleaning the whole house it and it gets to far from the station it can't find the docking port it time to get back before the batteries die.
As far as cleaning goes it as good as any upright vacuum I've used so I'm not disappointed in the machine at all. If your busy people and gone all day and you schedule a time for the thing to run you'll have a clean house or floors when you get home. The Key to its operation and how good the thing will clean is keeping it dumped after every cleaning and wiping the sensors every couple of weeks and cleaning on a daily schedule and if you have pets clean the brushes and filters after every use. I'd also recommend the models with rubber brushes especially if you have pets.

Thanks Ric, my wife is no longer able to use vaccume and my back is getting where I can't, this is sounding like I need to get one as I'd would make our lives much easer.
Thanks again for review :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Ric, my wife is no longer able to use vaccume and my back is getting where I can't, this is sounding like I need to get one as I'd would make our lives much easier.

Well mine is the 870 and it cost 599.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond and you can get the 20% off coupon online from their site which makes it a little better on the price. All it takes is your email address. Saves you a bunch. The 650 is 399.99 and you can use the same 20% off coupon. It has the regular bristle brushes and a single wall and only runs 60 minutes. I didn't go that way because of the dogs and all the hair. You can buy extra walls and docking stations along with the filters and wheels,brushes etc. for all the models. I don't think you would regret the purchase but if your not happy you can use it for 90 days and take the thing back and get your money, just keep the receipt.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Ric, my wife is no longer able to use vacuum and my back is getting where I can't, this is sounding like I need to get one as I'd would make our lives much easier.

Well we've had the I Robot for almost a month and it cleans everyday and we have no complaints about how the thing cleans up the house. It seems to cover the wood and ceramic tile floors really well and the carpet as well, it's a little slower on the carpet but does as good a job there and the carpet doesn't seem to effect the run time or battery time. Overall very pleased with the unit. Gainestruk did you and your wife ever get the I Robot.