Ethanol Education for Equipment Users

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah you have to be careful what your buying. Most Pumps are pretty plain though. We Have the 15 and 85% around here in Florida. I expect that with the Flex Fuel vehicles around you'll see more and more stations with the 15 and 85 going up.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like all talk and no proof.

rwraysmith

Threads
Sometimes you also have to be careful with regular. For years I used gas from the same three tanks all summer and thought nothing of it. The mowers I had could handle it. Then I got a small Cub Cadet leaf blower, which was a LOT more finicky about what it ate. I learned my lesson with that one. Sometimes it pays to listen to the manual.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a scam the whole ethanol thing.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sometimes you also have to be careful with regular. For years I used gas from the same three tanks all summer and thought nothing of it. The mowers I had could handle it. Then I got a small Cub Cadet leaf blower, which was a LOT more finicky about what it ate. I learned my lesson with that one. Sometimes it pays to listen to the manual.

Everything here from 87 to 93 all are 10% I guess. I run the 87 once in a while in the truck but mostly 93 octane. I run the 93 in all the mowers and hand held stuff for years and never had an issue with anything, I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a scam the whole ethanol thing.

I don't see anything wrong with ethanol, the only thing I see is the big oil company's not liking ethanol cutting into their profits.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't see anything wrong with ethanol, the only thing I see is the big oil company's not liking ethanol cutting into their profits.

Difference is I fix a lot of other peoples engines & I DO SEE A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

No conspiracy going on. it is a plain fact that ethanol CAN, UNDER THE RIGHT CONDITIONS cause problems.
I ran e10 in our fleet of delivery vehicles for over 20 years with absolutely no problems.
We ran e 10 occasionally in the RR hire cars with no problems.

However I have had problems with e10 in my chain saw which got used about once very 2 to 3 years.
Ditto for the generator,
I have problems with running strait unleaded in the vintage motorcycles, before I twigged to what was happening.

Like flodding from king tides, all of the planets need to be aligned & the earth needs to be on the right tilt.

Just because you did not get hit by the flying lead when the lunatic was shooting intto the crowd , does not mean he was not there turning your neighbours into dog food.

People like Jacks Small Engines , do not profit from customers avoiding e10, in fact they loose money because people will not need to replace clogged up & corroded parts.
Ditto for E Replacement Parts,
Ditto for Messicks.
And a host of parts retailers but they all warn to avoid using ethanol in small engines, for good reasons.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Difference is I fix a lot of other peoples engines & I DO SEE A LOT OF PROBLEMS.

No conspiracy going on. it is a plain fact that ethanol CAN, UNDER THE RIGHT CONDITIONS cause problems.
I ran e10 in our fleet of delivery vehicles for over 20 years with absolutely no problems.
We ran e 10 occasionally in the RR hire cars with no problems.

However I have had problems with e10 in my chain saw which got used about once very 2 to 3 years.
Ditto for the generator,
I have problems with running strait unleaded in the vintage motorcycles, before I twigged to what was happening.

Like flodding from king tides, all of the planets need to be aligned & the earth needs to be on the right tilt.

Just because you did not get hit by the flying lead when the lunatic was shooting intto the crowd , does not mean he was not there turning your neighbours into dog food.

People like Jacks Small Engines , do not profit from customers avoiding e10, in fact they loose money because people will not need to replace clogged up & corroded parts.
Ditto for E Replacement Parts,
Ditto for Messicks.
And a host of parts retailers but they all warn to avoid using ethanol in small engines, for good reasons.
Suit yourself no argument because I just don't agree with you, not the first time.