Ethanol Education for Equipment Users

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Suit yourself no argument because I just don't agree with you, not the first time.

I agree with you and I know they won't agree with me but I think the problem you have is that you have people who are not willing to accept today's technology.
There content to live like it's still the 50s or 60s. I smile when I say that because my parents were that way, my mom wouldn't even use a cordless phone say nothing about a cell phone or smart phone. The fact is that Ethanol has become one of the biggest scapegoats there is going today for equipment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Suit yourself no argument because I just don't agree with you, not the first time.

It would be a boreing world if we all agreed on everything.
And civilised people should be able to dissagree with each other in an amenable manner .
Just so long as the punters have enough info to make up their own minds after all that is what a free world is all about.
Then every one is happy.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Big oil company's are just like the tobacco company's, smoking doesn't hurt you so keep buying tobacco so they can be very rich. Too bad people are dying from cancer. Don't use ethanol so the farmers don't get the money but the very needy large oil company's can get richer, oh by the way its bad for your engine also. What a bunch of bull snot. If you believe what the oil company's want you to, go for it then maybe we can also destroy our environment on top of it all.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree with you and I know they won't agree with me but I think the problem you have is that you have people who are not willing to accept today's technology. There content to live like it's still the 50s or 60s. I smile when I say that because my parents were that way, my mom wouldn't even use a cordless phone say nothing about a cell phone or smart phone. The fact is that Ethanol has become one of the biggest scapegoats there is going today for equipment.

I agree.
Ethanol gets blamed for lack of maintenance.
Cheap materials to make cheap parts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Big oil company's are just like the tobacco company's, smoking doesn't hurt you so keep buying tobacco so they can be very rich. Too bad people are dying from cancer. Don't use ethanol so the farmers don't get the money but the very needy large oil company's can get richer, oh by the way its bad for your engine also. What a bunch of bull snot. If you believe what the oil company's want you to, go for it then maybe we can also destroy our environment on top of it all.

there is a whole lot more stuff in fuel, which is not petrol that is a bigger worry than ethanol.
Ethanol is fine in vehicles used frequently.
Ethanol is fine in fuel injected vehicles with a computer to alter engine telemetry on the fly, that are used regularly.
Problems come with infrequent use and engines that rely on fixed volume flow to control the combustion.
In fact plain old unleaded is problematic even in that regards, running 1920's motorcycles on "fuel" is a painful experience.
Even my 1943 motorcycle is a problem & that was designed to run on wartime "pool" petrol which was in the 80 octane region when you were lucky.

I have run many bikes on 100% ethanol, 100% methanol and all sorts of mixtures including nitro benzene so have nothing against ethanol blends, when used where they are designed to be used.
In modern, computer controlled, fuel injected, multi cylinder, water cooled vehicles.
As for conspiracies, every small engine in the entire USA added together would be hard pushed to use as much gas in a full year as the cars do in 1 day in any major USA city so loss of profit is a no brainer.
They make 100 times more profit retailing the ethanol added into "fuel" than they do processing the black tar sands from Canada into "fuel".
Oil refineries make bigger profit from selling waste prducts to the plasics & fertiliser companies that they do selling gas to lawnmower owners.
Buy some shares in any oil company, request a full copy of the companies trading report for any financial year and look at the profit from petro chemical sales comparred to fuel sales.
If they could stop selling gas to Joe Public and still run the refineries they would do so in an instant.

There is no profit in distilling ethanol for fuel and no country had done it profitably except Brazil when they were running the Gasahol fuel and the was done principally to reduce foreign debt as they had no oil and no money to pay for it.
If you care to check your own National Accounts you will find that the USA, same as Australia, is heavily subsidising the ethanol used in fuel because it is substantially more expensive to make ethanol in the volumes required than it is to refine, crack & recrack oil into fuel and will always be so.
IF you want to fish out a conspiracy, that is where you will find real meat to chew on.
Look who owns the distilleries and who is profiting from using ethanol and what are their political connections.

adamm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Diving into the topic of education on the use of ethanol in mechanical engineering is really interesting and relevant. After all, such education broadens my horizons in the field of environmental technologies and impact on the environment. At the same time, I am immersed in writing a dissertation discussing the impact of ethanol use on the efficiency of modern equipment. This is an exciting journey into the world of research, where knowledge from the educational program is combined with practical research for in-depth understanding.