Briggs & Stratton V-Twin Nikki Carburetor #303447

69judge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&S V-Twin Nikki Carb #303447. Had to choke it to start it and leave the choke on to get it to run. Was blowing snow and the engine stopped. I sprayed carb cleaner in it, it would run until it ran out of carb cleaner fuel. So I pulled top off of carburetor and cleaned the jets and the stem from the carburetor top down (it has little holes in it). Float and float valve OK and working.

The engine will only start with carb cleaner sprayed in it. Gas line has gas, its filling the bowl and raising the float, and shutting the gas off. But, can't seem to get any gas from the float bowl to the engine.

I removed the idle jet screw with the spring on it and NO gas came out. Don't know if that's an error or gas needle.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Marv

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the fuel solenoid on the carb click when you turn the key from off to on.

69judge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the fuel solenoid on the carb click when you turn the key from off to on.

this carb does not have any solenoid. is was a replacement engine. the gas is gravity flow in the engine. the only problem I have is I cant get gas past the bowl . there is gas to the bowl but when I take out the idle screw on the bottom of the back of the carb there is no fuel coming out. don't know if is for fuel or air. I cant remove the carb because the bolts are on the bottom up. and would have remove the drive and shroud to remove the intake and carb. hoping that the problem is plugged between the idle screw and the butterfly. if so maybe I can clean it out so it will run. engine did run but only on choke now it wont run to all . unless you put gas or carb cleaner in the top of the carb.
thanks

69judge

Forum Newbie
Threads
this carb does not have any solenoid. is was a replacement engine. the gas is gravity flow in the engine. the only problem I have is I cant get gas past the bowl . there is gas to the bowl but when I take out the idle screw on the bottom of the back of the carb there is no fuel coming out. don't know if is for fuel or air. I cant remove the carb because the bolts are on the bottom up. and would have remove the drive and shroud to remove the intake and carb. hoping that the problem is plugged between the idle screw and the butterfly. if so maybe I can clean it out so it will run. engine did run but only on choke now it wont run to all . unless you put gas or carb cleaner in the top of the carb.
thanks

also went out this morning and removed the side plug and put carb cleaner and air both the main jet and the bottom idle jet put back together and ran the same. I am not up to removing the carb . had surgery and trying to repair without removing carb not up to it. cant get it any where.
just trying to fix it because it is my snow blower I have on my simplicity tractor.
thanks for your help