Stihl BG 56

ed2xs1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new to this forum hope some one can help. I just bought a leaf blower shedder last week. Started using it today and was really careful not to suck up any branches. Well One got caught up in the turbine area. The machine automatically turned off. I took the blower/sucker tube off and cleaned out the blockage. I then put the machine back together and now can not get the machine to start. The pull cord will not allow me to pull in order to start the machine. Any suggestions?

Ed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by removing the pull start off and checking it is not jambed.
Then pull the spark plug out and see if you can turn the engine over by hand.
If so pop a pencil or similar SOFT ended item down the plug hole and press firmly against the piston while turning the the engine over by hand.
You are checking for smooooth movement up & down with no notchiness or clicking.
All tests OK then replace the pull start and before tightening down the bolts pull it gently a few times before you replace the spark plug.

When you try to restart, wear a good strong glove and hold the rope handle loosely so it can slip out of your hand.
The flywheels oft come adrift when the engine does a sudden stop and this will alter the timing which can cause the engine to kick back violently and hurt you fingers.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove spark plug & give cord a pull smoothly, do this several times, reinstall spark plug & give it a try.