bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I never advocate using a fuel stabiliser
I do not stock it.
I do not sell it.
I do not believe in using it.
Check the posts if you like.
Fresh is best is the mantra that you will find me pushing for a lot of reasons.
Regardless of weather you are using E 10 , E 15 , E 85 , Unleaded, Super, Premium , Avgas , Racing formula or rocket fuel, they all go off over time.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use fuel stab. But, I still shut off the fuel valve and let the motor "die". That way, I don't worry about the carb and I don't need to empty the fuel tank since it's stabilised.

panabiker

Threads
Had my Echo pan pack blower survey for the first time since it would not run when squeezing the throttle. The shop said it was the ethanol in the regular gas that attracts water and then gums up the carburetor. His advice was to use high octane gas and it is only good for some 2 months and fuel stabilizer is virtually useless.

High octane gas does not necessarily mean less ethanol. Ethanol in fact has higher octane rating than gasoline. Ethanol as an additive actually raises the octane number of the gasoline. E85 fuel has a octane rating above 95, by the way.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here we go with this **** again.
Once a month this comes up.
I am starting to think that a couple of you work for a ad company. Trying to get us to buy fuel stabilizer.
I have mowers that sit for months
And will start right now and run fine.
People can always find something to blame. For their lack of maintenance skills.

I have to agree with this because I do the same thing. It just seems the more junk you dump in your tank the more problems.