gillnh2o

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
Just joined the site. I have 917.28870 Craftsman Professional 24 H.P. Intel ELS engine and a 42" deck. Purchased this lawn tractor in 2008, it has 625 hours of heavy use mowing up hills and on rough terrain 1-2 acres. I have serviced it myself religiously. Major repairs has been replacing a broken cast iron axle, mower deck spindles and spindle assemblies for the tires. Last week while chopping up leaves with my bagger the HST went out in reverse. I was able to drive the tractor forward but no go in reverse. I'm figuring the Tufftorq K46BT finally wore out. The engine has had no problems. It looks like I'm looking for a new lawn/garden tractor with a heavier duty transmission. Any suggestions? Any market for a awn tractor in this condition? The local LS dealer I bought a LS XG3037H tractor suggested a Ariens.
Thanks, this looks like a great site for lawn and garden tractors

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Hello,
Just joined the site. I have 917.28870 Craftsman Professional 24 H.P. Intel ELS engine and a 42" deck. Purchased this lawn tractor in 2008, it has 625 hours of heavy use mowing up hills and on rough terrain 1-2 acres. I have serviced it myself religiously. Major repairs has been replacing a broken cast iron axle, mower deck spindles and spindle assemblies for the tires. Last week while chopping up leaves with my bagger the HST went out in reverse. I was able to drive the tractor forward but no go in reverse. I'm figuring the Tufftorq K46BT finally wore out. The engine has had no problems. It looks like I'm looking for a new lawn/garden tractor with a heavier duty transmission. Any suggestions? Any market for a awn tractor in this condition? The local LS dealer I bought a LS XG3037H tractor suggested a Ariens.
Thanks, this looks like a great site for lawn and garden tractors

Welcome to the fourm

If you were closer I would take it off your hands

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

Sorry to hear about your Craftsman!
I'm going to move your thread on over to the buying and pricing section to see if we can get you some advice.