muffler full of grass

Al-

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I have stopped with old snow blower( 1964 bobcat) and decided to take a closer look at my long neglected old faithful that showed signs of smoking this fall. I've had this mower for many years and originally bought at a lawn sale. I don't know what year it is but the model no. 5126 and sn is 9364475. I took the muffler off which had a hole in it and inside was loaded with oily grass clipping which I assume entered the muffler through the hole and might be the cause of some of the smoking. If anyone could give me information, like the year or where I might get parts, etc. that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 26

Phototone

Threads
That is an "F" engine. Most parts are readily available for "F" series engines. There were changes thru the years of "F" engines, most notably the mufflers changes a bit, and of course when the "compliance" models were introduced, the flywheel brake mechanism was added.

jp1961

Threads
FYI, GM Top engine cleaner, which you can get at any General Motors dealership, does a good job of removing carbon deposits. It comes in a spray can.

Jeff