more grunt from kawa fx481

aussielawny

Threads
my gravely compact pro bogs down in thick grass, any advice on how to increase power? carby modification would seem to be the likely way to go but how exactly??

Lawnranger

Threads
You are using the mower outside of its engineered design. Even the best mowers will bog down if the grass is too thick. Read the manual and you'll see what I mean. The best you can do is to SHARPEN THE BLADES, then raise the deck up to the highest position and cut north - south and then lower the deck to 3" and cut east - west. This method will help minimize strain on the mower and will produce a cut as best as possible under the conditions.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are using the mower outside of its engineered design. Even the best mowers will bog down if the grass is too thick. Read the manual and you'll see what I mean. The best you can do is to SHARPEN THE BLADES, then raise the deck up to the highest position and cut north - south and then lower the deck to 3" and cut east - west. This method will help minimize strain on the mower and will produce a cut as best as possible under the conditions.

I don't think he is using the mower outside of its engineered design, it's more likely what the engine is mounted on. The gravely decks are horrible when it comes to discharging grass. I run the Gravely ProTurn 148 and it has the FX 730 22Hp and it bogs down terribly in heavy grass.

zmister11

Threads
I don't think he is using the mower outside of its engineered design, it's more likely what the engine is mounted on. The gravely decks are horrible when it comes to discharging grass. I run the Gravely ProTurn 148 and it has the FX 730 22Hp and it bogs down terribly in heavy grass.

You have a gravely now?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have a gravely now?

No I don't own a gravely, thank goodness. I took a job for a church and they purchased a New Pro Turn 148 and a Pro Turn 272 along with Echo blowers, edger, hedge trimmer for me to use. I still take my stuff with me and use it also. My Z master 48 will run rings around that PT 148.

zmister11

Threads
No I don't own a gravely, thank goodness. I took a job for a church and they purchased a New Pro Turn 148 and a Pro Turn 272 along with Echo blowers, edger, hedge trimmer for me to use. I still take my stuff with me and use it also. My Z master 48 will run rings around that PT 148.

Haha gotchya