wont start

bill reid

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro rear engine rider with a briggs 12 hp. I decided to wash it the other day, and now it wont turn over. I tried to stay away from the engine as much as possible, but apperently not good enough. Any tips on getting this to turn over?

Thanks

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a toro rear engine rider with a briggs 12 hp. I decided to wash it the other day, and now it wont turn over. I tried to stay away from the engine as much as possible, but apperently not good enough. Any tips on getting this to turn over?

Thanks

Washing a mower, even with a pressure washer, should cause no real problems UNLESS you directly spray at the air cleaner assembly, or into the muffler outlet. If you machine will not turn over, sounds like you have a bad electrical connection at the battery, the starter solenoid, or the ground cable (this assumes your engine is electric start). Are you sure the battery has a proper charge?

Remove the battery cables, clean the terminals and posts, and if it's possible, remove and clean the starter solenoid and ground connections using sandpaper, a wire brush, etc. Keep us posted.

bill reid

Forum Newbie
Threads
JD,

thanks for the reply. I pull start the mower, the battery died last year and havenbt replaced it yet, usually starts on second or first pull. Very possibly got water into the muffler, if so, what do you reccomend from here?

Thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
JD,

thanks for the reply. I pull start the mower, the battery died last year and havenbt replaced it yet, usually starts on second or first pull. Very possibly got water into the muffler, if so, what do you reccomend from here?

Thanks

So you are saying it WILL turn over... but is NOT Starting? Is this correct?
You originally said: "decided to wash it the other day, and now it wont turn over".

If it is turning over and not starting ... let it set in the direct hit sun... that will dry out the water and all will be well...:smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Toro/Wheelhorse Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: