Hustler super z diesel deck has no power model 927335

Rsliker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler super z diesel deck has no power model 927335
I recently purchased a super z diesel at auction with a 72 inch deck and need help troubleshooting a deck issue. The machine is super clean and was used at a university hour meter just shy of 1000 hrs. Looks well maintained and has new looking filters and clean oil/ fluids but when the mower switch is activated the deck turns but does not generate any significant rpm's. I am a newbie to zero turns and need advice on what to check on this hydraulic deck. Is it likely that the Parker motor is faulty or is it more likely a hydraulic pump issue? No abnormal vibration is felt at all. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, rsliker

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am no Hydraulic expert but have worked some with it. Your pump has to put out enough pressure and flow to make your motor work proper. They do make equipment to test this which I have seen used. I would say check any hoses for blockage and check pressure but if that is good that take it someplace that has the proper tools to check the flow. It might be cheaper then experimenting and replacing parts.

Rsliker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am no Hydraulic expert but have worked some with it. Your pump has to put out enough pressure and flow to make your motor work proper. They do make equipment to test this which I have seen used. I would say check any hoses for blockage and check pressure but if that is good that take it someplace that has the proper tools to check the flow. It might be cheaper then experimenting and replacing parts.

Thanks, seems like sound advice the Parker pump looks to be a thousand dollar part.

gainestruk

Threads
I haven't done much hydraulic work, check and make sure it has the right filter on hydraulic system, I do know a wrong filter can cause lots of issues.
And a dirty filter will cause problems. :confused3:

Rsliker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Mike i will certainly check out the filter.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I haven't done much hydraulic work, check and make sure it has the right filter on hydraulic system, I do know a wrong filter can cause lots of issues.
And a dirty filter will cause problems. :confused3:

I didn't give the filter a thought but that would be the very first thing to replace :thumbsup:

azazel_18_2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been a Hustler dealer for the past 12 years so maybe I can help. First change the oil and filter. 15W50 Mobil 1 is what they say you HAVE to use. If that doesn't do the trick you need a to take a look at the pump. There will be a valve on the pump and some were adjustable and some were not. If it is try and adjust the valve and see if that helps. If not you have trouble. MOST of these ran a permco pump and we have seen a lot of issues with these pumps and not so much from the motor on the deck. Word of advice if you have to replace the pump replace the valve as well. Pump #793877 and valve #793752. I have yet to get Permco to sell us rebuild kits for these pumps as they run around $600 and the valve runs around $250. When working properly these are nice mowers. I think a big issue is originally Hustler ran 10W40. After a lot of failures they changed to 15W50 Mobil 1. Hope this helps!

azazel_18_2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also the Parker pump has been replaced through Hustler to the Permco pump. I see these mowers up for sale quite often for around $4-5000. Sounds like a good buy but the hydraulic deck pump is very touchy and have a very high failure rate. Once we install the new pump and valve right along with 15W50 Mobil 1 we haven't seen any problems. If you do have a Parker I am sure that Parker SHOULD have a rebuild kit for the pump. I would def check! I would still put a new valve on the pump. Any way about it the pump isn't the easiest thing to remove and replace. Have fun!

azazel_18_2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the test. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• SZ Diesel Deck Pump Relief Valve Test .pdf
    228.4 KB · Views: 74

Rsliker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have a favorite outlet or distributor for purchase of described pump, valve, and filters?