Engine speed pulsates

Sapman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman riding mower, about 10 years old, with a 19 HP B&S v-twin engine. The motor seems to run fine when at full thottle and under a load, but at idle speed, it pulsates, like it is not getting a steady supply of fuel. Revs, almost dies, revs again, about in 2-3 second intervals. Any ideas on the cause of this and how nto correct it?

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I have a Craftsman riding mower, about 10 years old, with a 19 HP B&S v-twin engine. The motor seems to run fine when at full thottle and under a load, but at idle speed, it pulsates, like it is not getting a steady supply of fuel. Revs, almost dies, revs again, about in 2-3 second intervals. Any ideas on the cause of this and how nto correct it?

My toro zero turn does the exact same thing I can even turn the deck one and it will run like that. I would hazard a guess that It may be something with the carb Mine sat for 4 years before It started doing that so I would guess something in the carb for mine anyway. Just haven't got around to cleaning it yet.:smile:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Micah, read your signature before posting. Sampan, you have one of two possible problems. Either your idle jet is plugged or your float level is set too low. Post for engine numbers, so we can see exactly which engine you have.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Micah, read your signature before posting. Sampan, you have one of two possible problems. Either your idle jet is plugged or your float level is set too low. Post for engine numbers, so we can see exactly which engine you have.

What do you mean?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Micah, the OP is asking for help and you tell him you have the same problem. How does that help??? If you had solved your problem and told him how you did it, that would be helping. When you reply to a thread make sure that the info you post is relevant to the thread and not the babbling of someone who is going to end up confusing the posters, as there will be two different units, which may or may not have the same problem. Please don't portray yourself as anything more than a high school student trying to learn how to make repairs.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Micah, the OP is asking for help and you tell him you have the same problem. How does that help??? If you had solved your problem and told him how you did it, that would be helping. When you reply to a thread make sure that the info you post is relevant to the thread and not the babbling of someone who is going to end up confusing the posters, as there will be two different units, which may or may not have the same problem. Please don't portray yourself as anything more than a high school student trying to learn how to make repairs.

Ok I get it Sorry :)

Sapman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivets, where would I find the engine numbers you are requesting?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model, type and code, and will say model, type , code will be located on the OHV cover on the V-twin, and on the blower housing either next to the flywheel, or on the side above one of the heads on the older opposed twin engines.

Sapman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Ilengine, I'll get those numbers and post for futher advice.