HRR2169VYA needs a BIGGER BAG

Lrobby99

Threads
This machine can do a nice job of cleaning leaves off the lawn, but even with two mulching blades spinning full speed it doesn't chop up the big leaves to the degree one would expect.
As the result, the bag fills quickly. I wish there was a bigger leaf collecting bag for this machine. Is there one?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
This machine can do a nice job of cleaning leaves off the lawn, but even with two mulching blades spinning full speed it doesn't chop up the big leaves to the degree one would expect.
As the result, the bag fills quickly. I wish there was a bigger leaf collecting bag for this machine. Is there one?

Honda does not offer a larger bag, and I'm not aware of any aftermarket bags that might be suitable.

Might want to ensure the blades are properly sharpened, and experiment with the height adjustments. When the Clip Director is set to BAG, the mower acts like a giant vacuum; leaves and clippings are directly blown into the bag.

FYI, maximum, high-performance leaf shredding & bagging is available on Honda HRX models; the Clip Director shutter can be left partially open, which allows for leaves to remain inside the deck and get shredded into smaller parts before being exhausted through the smaller slot and then into the bag. If you've only recently purchased your HRR, you may be able to return it and upgrade to the HRX.