hydro pump

manuelopez

Forum Newbie
Threads
the right side hydro pump is liking alot, is any wey to repair or it needs to be replaced. what is the cost for a new one, is for one scag 36 riding mower

Lawnranger

Threads
Most pumps can be resealed. You will need to find the identification label, tag, stamping, etc. and get the numbers for the pump. Go to the pump manufacturer's website and look up the kit# (if available) and order a reseal kit. Youtube has some videos on resealing Hydro Gear pumps so watch the videos and do what you see. Resealing a pump is not all that difficult and you won't need any special tools for the pump itself but removing the pump is another matter.

You asked the cost of a new pump and the only way to get an accurate answer is to call/visit your local Scag dealer or search the web. I have seen pump prices start in the $500.00 range and go up from there.

As long as there is not any damage to the internal parts you should be able to reseal the pump without any problem, just keep everything "surgery room clean" and you'll do fine.

P.S. I expect Micah to come along shortly and repeat everything I just said.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Most pumps can be resealed. You will need to find the identification label, tag, stamping, etc. and get the numbers for the pump. Go to the pump manufacturer's website and look up the kit# (if available) and order a reseal kit. Youtube has some videos on resealing Hydro Gear pumps so watch the videos and do what you see. Resealing a pump is not all that difficult and you won't need any special tools for the pump itself but removing the pump is another matter.

You asked the cost of a new pump and the only way to get an accurate answer is to call/visit your local Scag dealer or search the web. I have seen pump prices start in the $500.00 range and go up from there.

As long as there is not any damage to the internal parts you should be able to reseal the pump without any problem, just keep everything "surgery room clean" and you'll do fine.

P.S. I expect Micah to come along shortly and repeat everything I just said.

verry funny lol

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Now you understand what I mean in my last post in the thread titled "Can't Figure Out Why Motor Running So Rich . . . . ." LOL:laughing:

right, Maybe I should start reading treads before I post. I am glad I read this one before I posted somthing LOL:laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe you should change your signature to "Engage Brain before making yourself look stupid".