YT3000 - deck belt keeps popping off

balikian

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I engage the blades, the belt is popping off - usually after I start moving forward. I have replaced the belt. I just ordered a new idler arm (part # 197249 ) as the existing one seems a bit bent and that pulley seems to point downwards. This is only the 3rd season I've had it and the part doesn't look worn, but it's possible something knocked it out of whack. Could it be something else? The belt doesn't have a TON of tension, but I noticed it seemed a little out of whack with the idler pulley, so thought that might have been doing it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usually the idlers are not 100% in line with the deck pulleys as they have to go between the motor & the deck which will only line up on one height setting.
Generally they are cocked back a little
Go to the Sears web site & download the parts book or print out the 2 pages with the deck belt on them and check you have all the belt keepers.
AFAIK the YT's have electric PTO's so the belt tension is not all that great and made with a modified cable pto spring which has some adjustment.

Derek101

Threads
Check the deck pulleys are sound they can spin the spline and get off centre or they can spread apart due to being thin therefore making belt seem to long. Lots of torque thin steel.