Lrobby99

Threads
Just went up.
Regular $2.599
Diesel $2.499
High compared to South of here.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
If I read that right your diesel is cheaper than gas?????

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What in the world different does it make ? If you need fuel you will pay what ever it is. I have given up on thinking what the price of fuel is and fill up when necessary. Nothing you or I can do to change this but complain. I see it all the time a person go's around to different gas stations to save a few cents and burns up more fuel looking for what they can save. Just what are they saving? What you pay in Texas doesn't make one bit of different as to what I pay in NY. I pay for my fuel by the month with a gas card, one brand, and don't look at what I paid for a gallon of gas.

Why should it make a difference what the price is for the gas you buy, your just going to pay interest on the card your using anyway unless of course you pay it off every month which most people who use a card don't. Gas prices regardless of location effect everyone.

joester

Threads
What in the world different does it make ? If you need fuel you will pay what ever it is. I have given up on thinking what the price of fuel is and fill up when necessary. Nothing you or I can do to change this but complain. I see it all the time a person go's around to different gas stations to save a few cents and burns up more fuel looking for what they can save. Just what are they saving? What you pay in Texas doesn't make one bit of different as to what I pay in NY. I pay for my fuel by the month with a gas card, one brand, and don't look at what I paid for a gallon of gas.

Not saying there is anything wrong with your approach. What works for you works for you and that's what matters.
As previously mentioned, I use Gasbuddy and get recent pricing for the stations in my area. With a simple glance, I know where the better prices are and from there decide if driving a few miles is worth saving $0.15 per gallon. For fillups, you bet it is. We pay cash (saves more since store/credit prices are on average $0.07 per gallon higher).

That method works for us.
...and no, I do not own stock in Gasbuddy. Just a very useful tool. I planned a 1200 one-way trip and found stations just a mile from the highway that were $0.25 cents less per gallon than the stations near the highway. I won't just pay whatever it is they feel like charging... not when I can save money like that.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why should it make a difference what the price is for the gas you buy, your just going to pay interest on the card your using anyway unless of course you pay it off every month which most people who use a card don't. Gas prices regardless of location effect everyone.

I pay it by the month and by doing that they give me a .05 cents a gallon discount. Yes gas prices change by location and I don't like it any better then you. Not a thing you or I can do about it. So we fill up when we need fuel. Its just like taxes which I don't like any better. Now a credit card. I will say I don't carry very much cash on me anymore and 99% of my purchases are paid for with a card. Just pay it at the due date like all my bills which we all have to do and with the computer with a push of a button.

Lrobby99

Threads
If I read that right your diesel is cheaper than gas?????

Yes. Exactly right. This has happened a lot in the last year, or so and my jaw dropped a long way the first time I noticed it. On that day the first thing I said was how every buyer of a VW TDI diesel must be laughing out loud. The damn things get 45mpg. Of course now we know their secret; they cheat!

zmister11

Threads
Diesel should be cheaper then gas.
This is the reason they made diesel cars.

I agree it should be. But idk if ever will be again. Where I live anyways

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Diesel should be cheaper then gas.
This is the reason they made diesel cars.

Should be cheaper but that's not always the case. I filled up this morning and REG. was 1.99.9 and Diesel was 2.36.9 High octane 93 was 2.47.9