Old (ish) mounntfield Laser powered by Honda GV100... running rough .

ottovulf

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Old (ish) mounntfield Laser powered by Honda GV100... running rough .
I removed the Carburettor during a recent service and the gaskets were damaged . I have succeded in making the lighter gaskets but the large rectangular heat sheild/bypass gasket is , I think causing the problem . The engine runs on full choke ( and then a little less ) and starts easily , to me this means the engine running lean , ie : letting in air . Any ideas appreciated . And any source of cheap gaskets would be REALLY appreciated , Honda parts are stupidly priced !

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I removed the Carburettor during a recent service and the gaskets were damaged . I have succeded in making the lighter gaskets but the large rectangular heat sheild/bypass gasket is , I think causing the problem . The engine runs on full choke ( and then a little less ) and starts easily , to me this means the engine running lean , ie : letting in air . Any ideas appreciated . And any source of cheap gaskets would be REALLY appreciated , Honda parts are stupidly priced !

It could also mean the lean condition is due to too little fuel (e.g., gunk/slime/blockage inside the carburetor due to decayed fuel). What is the shape of the carburetor? How old is the fuel?

Where are you located?

Is a "mounntfield laser" a mower?

There are a number of Honda dealers who sell / ship internationally. [url]www.boats.net[/URL] is a big one.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to the Honda section.
There should be plenty of ideas there!