Silver member???

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Hi again, What does siver,bronze....member mean?--Micah

zmister11

Threads
I've never even noticed that theirs different members. Until I looked at this post. Lol

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a standard feature of nearly all forum soft wear.
Some allow it to be hidden some don't.
Trouble is people see a big number of posts and associate that with skil, knowledge or experience not just the number pf posts.
On the forums I moderate we hide this ranking information.
Nothing read on a web forum should be considered as gospel truth.
I could be a 60 year old person with 50 years of pulling engines apart under my belt and multiple tertiary qualifications
or
A 12 year old girl with bad ache and excellent computer search skills, seeking solace through my various computer identities.
or
A criminal con artist using this ( & other forums ) to perpetrate frauds.
or
Even an agent for the IRS trying to flush out back yard traders who are not declairing taxable income .

You just don't know.
Every one on this forum is nothing more than electrons floating about in cyberspace and people should make their own decisions and evaluate the "information" before applying it.
Forum users should make their own assessments about the varsity of a particular poster, not rely on their "status" within the system

Parkmower

Threads
One the first things I learned. If you read it on the Internet it has to be true. I think we can all agree on that one.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Trouble is people see a big number of posts and associate that with skil, knowledge or experience not just the number pf posts.
I could be a 60 year old person with 50 years of pulling engines apart under my belt and multiple tertiary qualifications
or
A 12 year old girl with bad ache and excellent computer search skills, seeking solace through my various computer identities.
or
or
Even an agent for the IRS trying to flush out back yard traders who are not declairing taxable income .

You just don't know.
Every one on this forum is nothing more than electrons floating about in cyberspace and people should make their own decisions and evaluate the "information" before applying it.
Forum users should make their own assessments about the varsity of a particular poster, not rely on their "status" within the system
I agree 100%

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
or
or
or

You just don't know.

It is a standard feature on most all forums. Nothing read on a web forum should be considered as gospel truth? I guess that should include your postings also. :eek: The thing is the number of posting an individual has represents the time, support and contributions a member has made to the forum. Who or what you are or your age has little to do with the number of post you have. With the examples you have given I'd say you were a pretty paranoid person and btw I know some 12 year old kids that have computer skills that would put 95% of us here to shame.